Welcome to the Great Lakes State Film Festival where your film will be showcased and judged by a worldwide audience on Roku and Amazon Fire TV as well as by a live audience and panel of judges at our live screenings and festival events in Bay City, Michigan. We have created monthly screenings to give filmmakers if selected not only the opportunity to showcase their film to a live audience but also be considered in the running for our annual festival taking place November 2020 in which we will showcase the winners of our monthly festivals and compete for the grand prize.
Our primary venue, The Westown Theater in Bay City, Michigan will provide an intimate setting allowing audiences to become consumed by your stories. We will also host community screenings, where the general public will have their chance to vote for the film(s) that have been selected to be showcased for the General Public Award.
Our goal is to create a festival that celebrates the diversity of independent filmmaking. We will select the best, and most interesting submissions to be screened in front of the live audience and on our VOD platforms. The winners from each monthly screening will move on to compete in our annual film festival.
All films will be evaluated for distribution.
The best films of each category will go on to compete for the festival awards, which will be handed out in various categories.
We will be conducting interviews and audience Q & A's with attending filmmakers at the event.
In addition to certificates and laurels, winners will also receive invitations to VOD distribution deals.
The first-place winner of the annual festival will receive a cash prize to be determined.
- Foreign language films must be subtitled in English.
- Entries must be submitted via an online platform and include a working screener accessible via that platform in order to be considered.
- Films selected for the annual screening will be notified on or around October 30, 2020.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Entry Fee paid via FilmFreeway
- A working screener that is accessible via your film’s profile on FilmFreeway. We welcome works in progress, trailers, reels, and all lengths and genres for film consideration. If your submission screener is missing or inaccessible due to a missing or inaccurate password, we cannot guarantee that your film will be considered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The filmmaker has read and understood the rules and regulations and to the best of their knowledge, all statements are true. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to the Great Lakes State Film Festival.
- GLSFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
- All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the Great Lakes State Film Festival staff.
- Upon submission, the filmmaker consents to allowing their screener material to be shared in its entirety with appropriate GLSFF staff, including programming staff, volunteer screeners, and other appropriate members of staff; shared with press outlets in efforts to secure press for the film; with final jury members; and with select individuals representing community partners who may be interested in supporting the film’s screening or taking part in a panel or Q&A associated with the film.
-The festival is hereby also granted the right to utilize image(s) and/or biographical information of the filmmakers for promotional purposes. The festival reserves the right to fill in any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
- The Festival shall also have the right to place films selected for the VOD festival on it's online and OTT platforms. Furthermore Filmmaker agrees that GLSFF has the right to create custom artwork for films placed on its platform and Filmmaker shall receive a copy to promote their film if they so choose. GLSFF maintains rights and ownership into all artwork created by GLSFF in connection with your submission(s) and grants filmmaker a promotional license as stated above for the course of the Festival.
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. The filmmaker shall indemnify and hold harmless Great Lake State Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- GLSFF does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel or distribution for filmmakers.
- By submitting, the filmmaker expressly acknowledges and agrees that they shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.