IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, in the best interest of public health, we have decided to move our 4th annual festival completely to our streaming television and online platform(s) where we will host screenings. We have also revised our submission rules. Please check them before submitting.
Our goal is to create a festival that celebrates the diversity of independent filmmaker. We will select the best, and most interesting submissions to be screened on our VOD platforms.
All films will be evaluated for distribution.
The best films of each category will go on to compete for the festival awards, which will be handed out in various categories.
We will be conducting self taped interviews and Q & A's with participating filmmakers.
In addition to certificates and laurels, winners will also receive invitations to VOD distribution deals.
The first-place winner of the annual festival will receive a cash prize to be determined.
- Foreign language films must be subtitled in English.
- Entries must be submitted via an online platform and include a working screener accessible for download via FilmFreeway in order to be considered.
- We prefer high-resolution screeners. If submission is unable to be encoded for our platforms it will be disqualified.
- If you do not agree to have your submission placed on our platform it will not be considered for any awards.
- Films selected for screenings will be notified via email.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
Due to the Covid19 outbreak, the 4th annual festival will be held online only. Selected films will not, however, be screened online without submitters’ permission.
- Entry Fee paid via FilmFreeway (No Refunds)
- A working screener that is accessible for download via your film’s profile on FilmFreeway. We welcome works in progress, trailers, reels, and all lengths and genres for film consideration. If your submission screener is missing or inaccessible due to a missing or inaccurate password, quality, or no download link we cannot guarantee that your film will be considered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The filmmaker has read and understood the rules and regulations and to the best of their knowledge, all statements are true. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to the Great Lakes State Film Festival.
- GLSFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
- All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the Great Lakes State Film Festival staff.
- Upon submission, the filmmaker consents to allowing their screener material to be shared in its entirety with appropriate GLSFF staff, including programming staff, volunteer screeners, and other appropriate members of staff; shared with press outlets in efforts to secure press for the film; with final jury members; and with select individuals representing community partners who may be interested in supporting the film’s screening or taking part in a Q&A associated with the film.
-The festival is hereby also granted the right to utilize image(s) and/or biographical information of the filmmakers for promotional purposes. The festival reserves the right to fill in any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
- The Festival shall also have the right to place films selected on it's online and OTT/VOD platforms. Furthermore Filmmaker agrees that GLSFF has the right to create custom artwork for films placed on its platform and Filmmaker shall receive a copy to promote their film if they so choose. GLSFF maintains rights and ownership into all artwork created by GLSFF in connection with your submission(s) and grants filmmaker a promotional license as stated above for the course of the Festival.
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. The filmmaker shall indemnify and hold harmless Great Lake State Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- GLSFF does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel or distribution for filmmakers.
- By submitting, the filmmaker expressly acknowledges and agrees that they shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
- All submissions are final. No refunds are provided in any circumstance. Once submitted, if selected, a film cannot be withdrawn from the competition.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee (for the Official Selection) and of the Jury members (for the awards and cash prizes) are final and non-negotiable.
-Filmmaker agrees that films may stay posted on our platforms after winners have been selected.
I have read all of the Rules for submitting material to the Great Lakes State film Festival.
I understand them and will comply with these rules. Furthermore I understand that these rules may change at any moment with or without my consent or notification. I warrant the submission of my original work and there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission. I also warrant that the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and I fully indemnify the Great Lakes State Film Festival and its affiliates against any claim made for such violations of law.
To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements herein are true and correct. I understand that failure to adhere to the Great Lakes State Film Festival rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of any entry fee.
Great Lakes State Film Festival reserves the right to use clips from accepted entries, up to two (2) minutes in length and trailers for publicity purposes. I agree to the Great Lakes State Film Festival harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgements, liabilities, and expenses (including legal fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims by third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film submitted by myself to the Festival. Once submitted, I agree to the Festival screening my film at a time and date of the Festival’s choosing during the Festival.