Submit your short film on MENTAL HEALTH and help break the stigma. We collaborate with a variety of psychologists, psychiatrists and many other professionals in this field to create a space where creativity, filmmaking and professional evaluation come together to help foster empathy and change the depiction of mental health conditions in film for the better.
The three winning short films will be awarded with the GREEN RIBBON.
1. Submission: September 1, 2021 - February 14, 2022
2. Submission must be done via filmfreeway.com
3. The film MUST depict a mental health related topic. (For reference check out the program 2021 on https://www.gomentalfilmfestival.com/festival )
1. Must be a mental health topic related film. All genres are welcome
2. Submission MUST contain a written director's statement explaining the relevance to the topic of mental health. Otherwise the film will not be considered. (Minimum number of words: 40-300)
3. Short Director's Biography (40-300 Words)
4. Film Synopsis
5. Maximum film length 25 minutes (24/25 frames per second)
6. Formats must be high quality - HD 720p or above
7. English subtitles are required (even if the original language is English)
8. No promotional films (no advertisements, marketing films etc.)
9. It has to be guaranteed by the filmmaker that no harm was done to the cast in case of scenes containing acts of violence or intimacy. Please include a short statement in the director's statement.
The organizers will appoint a selection committee that will be in charge of the final selection for the competition. The committee will consist of both film experts and psychologists and psychiatrists.
1. Final selection screenings from January to April
2. Entrants will be notified of the selection results no later than April 15, 2022.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
1. The films will be screened online and on location (TBC).
2. Go Mental! is authorized to use a short excerpt (max. 2 minutes) of the film for marketing purposes of any kind.
3. All film and music rights and clearances must have been obtained by the filmmakers (in accordance with copyright laws)
4. You cannot withdraw your film from Go Mental! after selection by the Go Mental!-selection committee.
5. We WON'T pay a screening fee.
6. For the online version of the festival we WON'T do geo-blocking.
REQUIREMENTS AFTER SELECTION
1. Director's statement in video form (1 to 2 min. max.) for screening purposes (This can be submitted after selection)
Several screenings of the film festival will take place online and on location (TBC) from May 20 to May 22, 2022.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to write an email to email@example.com.
and follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gomentalfilmfestival/
All the best,
Elisabeth & Maria.
Response from festival:
Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Nich. This is exactly the impression we want to give and it is so encouraging to us that the festival came across exactly as such. We feel honored to have gotten to know you through the festival and to have been able to show your amazing short film.