The Global University Students Film Festival (GUSFF), a relaunch of the formerly Global Chinese Universities Student Film and Television Festival (GCU), is into its 15th years of making. Initiated by the Academy of Film, School of Communication of Hong Kong Baptist University, the Festival has over the years gained recognition from home and aboard. Last year, 56 tertiary educational institutions from Australia, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mainland China, Malaysia, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, the UK and the US participated to compete for 17 awards and showcased the best short films of their students.
Building on its previous success, the first edition of GUSFF will open entries to young filmmakers around the world by accepting original language short films with English subtitles in various genres. This extension signifies a key milestone for GUSFF as an important cultural gateway and collaborative focus amongst student talents, academics and industry on a wider geographical scope.
On top of the short film competition and multiple screenings during the festival, the forthcoming GUSFF will also include a star stunned Award Presentation Night, master classes by renowned film makers and a pitching session with small prizes.
GUSFF strives to encourage and recognise emerging filmmakers while at school or recently graduated; foster creative and cultural exchange among film students around the globe; and inspire synergy between regional young talents and the international creative industry.
GUSFF is an opportunity and open platform for university students/fresh graduates to showcase talent, exchange ideas and foster networking.
CROSS GENRE :
Gold Award：for the best work across all genres
Special Mentioning from HKBU University, Academy of Film
Best Narrative Short in Chinese
NARRATIVE SHORTS :
Best Narrative Short
DOCUMENTARY SHORTS :
ANIMATION SHORTS :
- Open to works completed after 1st of Jan. 2017 from current college/university students and fresh graduates in 2018
- Do show endorsement from university/college by filling in name and address of university/college, your student number, name and email of your advisor
- All titles must be under 60mins including credits, all non-English films requires English subtitling
- Each student/graduate can submit only one piece of work for each category
- The festival only accepts on-line digital submission (GUSFF takes exception if there is difficulty in making such submission, email us)
- Titles that have previously entered into the festival(formerly Global Chinese Universities Student Film and Television Festival) will not be accepted
- All entries must be original. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to clear all content of the film from any and all actual or potential legal claims and issues, including but not limited to claims based upon using music, stock footage, and any other elements contained and/or used in the film. The Festival will not be held responsible for any legal issues that might arise from the inclusion of unclear materials in the film
- The festival will present shortlisted titles up to three exhibitions and use not more than 6mins of the title in promotional purpose of the title and the festival prior to the award ceremony and for one year afterward
- The festival has final decision on promotional presentation arrangement
- The festival has the perpetual right to keep one copy of each Entry for educational, archival and research purposes unless submitter writes in objection to the practice
- All decisions made by the Festival Committee are final. Submission to the festival implies that entrants agree to the above rules and terms of the festival.
(Refer to our website for detailed terms)