The Global Tourism Film Festival (GTFF) accredited with international Tourism Authorities, is the premiere global competition dedicated to the recognition of excellence in all audiovisual content related to tourism promotion and destination branding. Its mission is to advance the competitiveness of destinations, tourism products, and services by stimulating creativity and innovation, honoring the best film projects, and giving tourism films greater national and international visibility.
GTFF bringing the global community to you through a director’s lens. Giving a voice to the places that make the stories. See the people, experience the culture, aspire to wander.
This year, our host destination is North Bay in Ontario, Canada. Filmmakers should only submit films that are able to be screened online and in person to a potentially global audience for our April 2023 festival.
FIRST CATEGORY - FEATURE FILM
Feature Films (over 75 Minutes) can be submitted. Present films about travel and destinations, both modern and historical, where tourism is an integral part of the synopsis.
SECOND CATEGORY - TOURISM COMMUNICATION, DESTINATION PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Commercials (up to one minute); Promotional Films (up to 15 minutes) Advertising Campaigns (up to 5 mins) and Animation Films.
Class A: Tourism Communications
Class B: Tourism Destination (City, Region, Country)
Class A & B Parameters:
Cultural & Heritage Tourism
Adventure & Wildlife Tourism
Wine and Gastronomic Tourism
Nature and Eco-Tourism – Rural, Natural Attractions
Class C: Tourism Services
Accommodation – Hotels and Resorts, Private game reserves,
Transport – Airlines, Cruises, Railways, Ferries.
Other – Tour Operators, Tour Agencies, Tour Guiding, Restaurants. Events, Fairs, and Congress.
THIRD CATEGORY - SHORT FILM
Short Film, (up to 40 Minutes) is any audio-visual production not long enough to be considered a feature. They create a visual medium where multiple production elements play a strong role in consolidating the film's destination concept.
FOURTH CATEGORY - DOCUMENTARY
Documentary, (up to 90 Minutes) is a non-fictional motion-picture and deals exclusively with facts and real-life events.
Adventure, Expeditions, and Travelling
Environment and Ecology
Nature and Wildlife
Arts, Music, and Culture
History and Heritage
Sustainable & Responsible Tourism
Feature Film Category - 1st and 2nd Jury Award.
Tourism Communication Category - 1st and 2nd Jury Award.
Short Film Category - 1st and 2nd Jury Award.
Documentary Category - 1st and 2nd Jury Award.
Best Director - Feature Film, Tourism Communication, Short Film, Documentary Category Award.
Best Cinematography - Feature Film, Tourism Communication, Short Film, Documentary Category Award.
Best Production Design - Feature Film, Tourism Communication, Short Film, Documentary Category Award.
Honorary Host Country Award - Canadian Filmmaker
Best Film promoting the host destination applicable to either Feature, Short Film or Documentary.
Global Cine Award
Best Tourism Feature Film Award of the year plus holiday at five-star Resort (5 days, two persons) including cash award.
Best Tourism Communication Film Award of the year plus holiday at five-star Resort (5 days, two persons) including cash award.
Best Short Film Award of the year plus holiday at five-star Resort (5 days, two persons) including cash award.
Best Tourism Documentary Award of the year plus holiday at five-star Resort (5 days, two persons) including cash award.
Special prizes from our sponsors to the best films on the following:
Destination, Airlines, Cruises, Car Rental, Accommodation.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read these rules and regulations carefully before submitting your films to the competition at the Global Tourism Film Festival.
1) To qualify for the Festival films have to have a completion date no earlier than January 1, 2020
2) All films must be in English or with English subtitles and synopsis for submission.
3) All entry from private or national media, as well as independent film production, have the right to participate.
4) Applicant admits that he/she is authorized to submit the film, being the rights-holder or authorized representative of the film who has the written permission from the author. All videos, soundtracks, texts, and music used in the film should not violate copyright law. Violation is a sufficient justification for the exclusion. The Festival shall not bear any cost of royalties or screening.
5) Filmmakers can submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time. But each film can only be presented once in one single category. However, every submission must accompany by a separate entry and fee for each film presented.
6) To avoid disqualifications, select the right category while submitting the film. GTFF will not refund any costs if the filmmaker fails to submit in the correct category.
7) All entry fees are non-refundable.
8) Please use our online registration on this website. Incorrectly completed entry forms or missing information may lead to the disqualification of your submission.
9) Global Tourism Film Festival does not accept submissions sent by email or physical submissions sent by mail for entry to festival.
10) Please note that we suggest: Format MP4 of the inscribed film. (Resolution: Full HD 1920×1080; Video Code H264; Audio Code AAC.) The entrant is responsible for the quality of the film. We do not return any materials submitted.
11) Submitting your film is not a guarantee of acceptance of selection. Approval by the Festival does not guarantee award or prize.
12) After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified by email—no phone call inquiries.
13) Film selected for screening will require to send us the press kit, including a poster, still photographs, a trailer, synopsis, links, cast/crew information, and other supporting materials. The Festival will not sell or rent personal data provided by you.
14) You grant permission to use the film, trailer, posters, synopsis, stills, and titles and information from the film for promotional purposes to advertising the film on our website, TV, social network, in the printed press. GTFF is not responsible for any damages.
15) Only officially selected films will be screened during the Festival at our discretion.
The entrant assumes all shipping costs of material. Global Tourism Film Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or Festival scheduling.
16) The decision of the festival selection committee will be final and retains to accept or decline any film without issuing a refund, or explanations regarding non selected films.
17) The filmmaker certifies to have full rights of their film submitted. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the GTFF, against any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses including attorney's fees and costs of the court, which may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity or from claims by any third party.
18) All selected filmmakers are requested to attend the festival.
19) The Festival reserves the right to use all recordings taken at the Festival for any promotional purpose.
20) We do not assume responsibility if one of the festivals gets canceled owing to unforeseen events.
21) In case of winning an award there might incur extra costs for the shipment and customs handling of your award if you have not attended the festival to receive in person..