Global Nonviolent Film Festival is the most important and renowned nonviolent film festival in the world and it takes place on-line.
The Festival was founded by film director Bruno Pischiutta and producer Daria Trifu in 2012 to showcase nonviolent, motion pictures and to show that these movies are not only capable of great international success but they are also in high demand by the public.
The 2020 and 9th edition of the Festival takes place September 24 - October 4.
This is an on-line film Festival. All the nonviolent feature films, documentaries, shorts and music videos selected to participate in the Festival will be screened during the above-mentioned dates on the Festival's TV Channel on Vimeo exclusively:
All films submitted MUST BE NONVIOLENT: the Festival does not accept films that showcase explicit or graphic violence; implied acts of violence may be accepted if they are justified by the message of the film.
The films submitted must be available in English language or in their original language with English subtitles.
Once a submission is completed, no film can be withdrawn from participating in the Festival should the Festival select it.
Between September 24 and October 4, the selected films are available for viewing only on the Festival’s TV Channel and NO downloads are possible. Downloads of the films are not allowed for the protection of the product. Additionally, as soon as the Festival ends, all the films are removed from the channel. The trailers, however, remain available indefinitely so that the films continue to be promoted internationally for a very long time.
Other festivals, such as Cannes, showcase the films locally only; the international viewers do not have access to watch them or to familiarize themselves with the names of the selected filmmakers. At Global Nonviolent Film Festival, the world viewers can watch the films and enjoy them from the comfort of their homes; they can read about the filmmakers in Daria! magazine and they can view, every day, the video presentations provided for every movie. This makes Global Nonviolent Film Festival the best place for producers to showcase their work.
The Festival accepts submissions in the following categories:
Feature Live Action Film (over 40 minutes)
Feature Animation Film (over 40 minutes)
Feature Documentary (over 40 minutes)
Feature Docudrama (over 40 minutes)
Short Live Action Film (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
Short Documentary (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
Short Animation Film (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
Short Docudrama (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
The award categories are decided by the Jury.
All the Awards are listed on the IMDB and are linked to each film's profile.
The Awarded filmmakers receive Laurels and the Award Certificate.
All the selected films are featured in the annual edition of Daria!, the arts, entertainment and business magazine established in 2005.
Special Awards may be given at the discretion of the Festival's Organizers, such as:
Honorary Award - it recognizes the ongoing work and career contributions of an individual within the entertainment, business and/or humanitarian fields.
Lifetime Achievement Award: it recognizes a performer who, during his/her lifetime, has made creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance to the field of the performing arts.
In addition, in partnership with InkTip, the awarded filmmakers will receive an InkTip Script Listing: A listing of his/her scripts on InkTip so that producers and reps can find them.
In partnership with iPitch.tv, the awarded filmmakers receive a complimentary 12-month listing of their project on iPitch’s popular film industry platform.
Digital Video File
Global Nonviolent Film Festival is an online Festival taking place on its TV Channel on Vimeo.
If your film is selected, you must provide your film as a Digital video file. The film's Digital video file must be high quality and ready for screening (do not send films/files "for viewing purposes only").
The Festival requires a downloadable link to the Digital video file of the film:
(1) Send film using commercial Upload Site (Dropbox, YouSendIt, We Transfer, etc.) to email@example.com;
(2) Send film using Hosting Site (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org - must be able to DOWNLOAD version - be sure to activate this option.
- If your film is selected, the online screening at the Festival will be made using the Digital video file you have provided as described above. If the Digital video file you have provided is not ready for screening as described above, your submission will be deemed uncompleted and it will not be considered. In this case no refund of the submission fee will be provided.
- Once you have completed your submission, you do not have the right to withdraw the film, and the Festival has the right to select your film and to screen it.
For more information, you may contact the Festival at email@example.com and visit www.nonviolentfilmfestival.com.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. Global Nonviolent Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
- The Festival does not pay screening fees.
- The Festival reserves the right to use any promotional materials related to the submitted films and provided by the filmmakers (such as stills, posters, trailers, etc.) for marketing, publishing and broadcast purposes of the Festival.
- Entrants agree to indemnify the Festival and hold them and their employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with their participation or entry to the Festival. Global Nonviolent Film Festival is privately owned and organized by Global Film Studio Inc., a Canadian company federally incorporated.
Upon Submission, the Entrant(s) agrees to the following:
I have read and accept the rules and regulations for participation in the Global Nonviolent Film Festival that is an ONLINE festival. I agree that my film will be screened on the Vimeo Channel of the Festival, between September 24 and October 6*. (The Festival ends on October 4th however, the films remain available until October 6th in order to give the turn around of max. 72 hours to the viewers who have rented any of the videos).
I understand that the film will not be allowed for download by the viewers. Once the screening period ends, the full film file will be removed from the Vimeo Channel and, in its place, there will be the Trailer of my film which will remain available indefinitely.
I am legally authorized to enter this film in the Festival and, if any additional material is required by the Festival, I will provide it.
I agree to the use of any promotional materials of the film (including trailers, stills from the film, etc.), by Global Nonviolent Film Festival, for any marketing and promotional purposes of the Festival and for publishing in the magazine DARIA!.