Ischia Global Film Festival takes place on the Isle of Ischia, a few miles off Naples and Capri, Italy since 2003. It’s the most popular summer film event in the world with Italian and international screenings, attended by the leaders and top performers in the entertainment and communications industries as well as some of the most celebrated luminaries of the global stage.
Ischia Global Festival is a week of major film premieres, timely panels and symposium and awards ceremonies that will be attended by numerous industry executives, filmmakers and international journalists. In addition, some of the most recognized International talents and Italian artists attend the industry events and get-togethers with their European and American counterparts.
During and after the event, the Academy Scientific Board will bestow the following awards:
Ischia Film European of The Year Award; Ischia Global Award – Director of the Year; Ischia Rising Star Award; Ischia Global Art Award; Ischia Producer of The Year Award;
Ischia King of Comedy Award; Ischia Prince of Comedy - Carlo Vanzina Award; Ischia Italian Actor of the Year Award; Ischia Italian Worldwide Award; Ischia Working-Boy Award; Ischia Filmaker of the Year Award; Ischia Breakout Director of the Year; Ischia Breakout Actor Award; Ischia Breakout Actress Award; Ischia Exploit Award; Ischia Newcomer Award; Ischia People Award; Ischia Art Award; Ischia Fiction Award; Ischia Best Documentary Award.
1) The activities of Ischia Special Challenge 2020 are divided into two sections:
- W il Cinema Italiano d'Estate: A selection of national feature and documentary films which were premiered or distributed in movie theatres and on streaming from September 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- Finestra nel mondo: A selection of feature and documentary films from all over the world, which were premiered or distributed in movie theatres from September 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
2) The list of films selected will be communicated by email to the participants.
3) Who register on behalf of the latter are personally responsible for the content of the works they register.
4) The works are exclusively and unquestionably selected by the Scientific Board of Ischia International Arts Academy with the support of international luminaries wo are chosen by the Academy’s panel and who provide full support to the event.
5) Ischia Special Challenge 2020 includes feature and documentary films which were already released in theatres, as well as works that will be premiered in Ischia.
6) The director, producers or/and talents of the award winner films will be invited to present their film to the Festival
7) Italian works that have aroused international interest will be presented to the Scientific Academy and the audience with English subtitles.
8) Foreign films will be presented in their original version and with Italian subtitles. Producers of movies spoken in a language other than English are kindly invited to provide English subtitles and an Italian translation of the dialogues.
9) The copies of the films (in DCP) selected by the Festival must be received by the General Office of the Festival, in Rome, not later than July 5, 2020, in compliance with the instructions provided by the Planning Department. Together with a copy of the film, the Festival should be received a pressbook with the technical and artistic information of the film, photos, and trailer, that the Festival can be published on the website and on the social network of the event. Any shipping costs of the selected films are charged to the participants. The shipping from, non-EU countries, must be accompanied with the item "no commercial value - for cultural purpose only ".
10) Film copies will be returned to their owners not later than July 30, 2020.
11) A brochure will be published with the general information of the program.
12) The screenings’ calendar and timetable will be made known by the Festival Management not later than July 7, 2020. The Festival organization is not responsible for any changes due to unexpected reasons (climate conditions, technical issues, artists’ attendance to the festival, etc.). The official program will be printed and made available by the Festival Management which will provide information about any unexpected changes on the website www.ischiaglobal.com.
13) All the works will be insured against any type of risk that may cause damage to the copies, including their loss or theft. The insurance policy is entered by Institute Capri in the World and covers the period during which the properties are in possession of the Festival. In case a copy is lost or damaged, the responsibility of the Festival will be limited to the value of its reprint according to current Italian fees.
14) The works presented in Ischia will be selected and assessed according to the unquestionable judgement of the Academy Scientific Board.
15) The Scientific Board has the competence and right to assess the works and award them.
16) Applications filed to the aim of taking part to the Special Challenge Contest imply full acceptance of the present regulations.