GlassBox Film Festival presented by MiME Design Studio is an event celebrating art and independent artists. We hope to feature films from artists around the world and offer filmmakers a place to showcase for their work.
The top 5 films will be showcased on the MiME Design Studio streaming site.*
The winning filmmaker will receive a one hundred ($100) dollar prize.
GlassBox Film Festival Rules & Terms
For the purpose of this agreement:
-The term "MDS" will refer to MiME Design Studio, the organizing party of the GlassBox Film Festival.
-The term "filmmaker" will refer to the owner of the submitted content whether an individual or multiple persons.
-The term "GBFF"will refer to the GlassBox Film Festival online event held between May 19, 2020 and September 15, 2020
-The term "Winner" will refer to the filmmaker of the submission selected by MDS with the highest ranking according to the judging categories.
1. In order to be eligible to enter this film festival the filmmaker must meet all criteria and must comply with film festival rules, and must agree to the terms & conditions of the film festival.
2. Filmmaker must be 16 years of age or older; by agreeing to these terms filmmaker declares that they are of age.
3. Filmmaker must comply with all film festival rules and criteria in order to be eligible
4. Content can not contain nudity, profanity, promotion of hate against any publicly identified group of people.
1. All submissions must adhere to the rules and will be subject to the terms and conditions of the festival.
2. *The top 5 submissions will be posted to the MDS streaming site for free viewing until December 31, 2020.
3. First name, last initial and city will be featured on site at (at MDS discretion)
Submissions must be received by MDS by 11:59pm (EST) on August 14, 2020 in order to be eligible.
4. MDS reserves the right to remove a submission from the festival and/or the streaming site at any time.
1. Winner will be notified by email.
2. Winner must respond within 48 hours to be eligible to receive the prize; should the winner not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
3. There will be no preference to higher budget submissions. Due to the nature of the GBFF we encourage participants to be resourceful with household items
4. Each submission will be evaluated based on...
- Adherence to the criteria
- Use of music to enhance the story
1. One (1) prize of $100CAD via electronic transfer or gift card will be issued to the winner of the GlassBox Film Festival.
1. Filmmaker must have full permissions or rights to content of the submission.
2. MDS does not assume responsibility for any content or material that violates public rights, privacies, federal , provincial/state or municipal laws. If the filmmaker is notified of any of the previous violations the filmmaker agrees to notify MDS for immediate removal from any and all distribution platforms.
3. MDS reserves the right to use all submissions for marketing purposes in perpetuity.
4. MDS is not responsible for:
- copyright infringement
- lost or disrupted uploads and/or submissions
- illegitimate submissions
3. Downloadable content on the GBFF page (http://www.mimetv.net/glassbox.html) is free to use for the purpose of content for the GBFF. Use of any material provided in the Movie Making Media Library must be accompanied with credit to the original composer/creator as stated in the Movie Making Media Library. Omitting credits will result in disqualification.