Attention High School Students!!!
Enter the GCI Social Impact Video Competition today!
Global Citizens Initiative (GCI) is hosting a social impact video competition open to all high school students (9th - 12th grade) in Fairfield County for the chance to win a grant and be honored at the Greenwich International Film Festival. Create a video message of up to 3 minutes demonstrating how you would plan to make a positive social change in a low-or moderate-income community in your local area (i.e. education, youth empowerment, community development, etc.).
Global Citizens Initiative – www.globalci.org
Global Citizens Initiative, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, global social enterprise empowering young global citizens from all sectors of society to be lifelong leaders of positive change. The Fellowship, GCI’s flagship program, convenes 28 select high school students from around the world to collaborate and launch social ventures that address pressing global issues in their local communities. GCI’s Professional Development Seminar gathers outstanding educators from around the world to master the GCI Method and design an ethics-based curriculum to be implemented in their schools.
Greenwich International Film Festival – www.greenwichfilm.org
Greenwich International Film Festival is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that hosts a world class film festival with a social impact focus. GIFF harnesses the power of film to serve the greater good by raising awareness and funds for important causes that relate to human rights, education, the environment and health care. The fourth annual festival will take place May 31st to June 3rd, 2018.
The winner will receive a $4,000 grant. The runner-up will receive a $1,000 grant.
- The contest is open to all high school students currently in 9th to 12th grade who are residents of Fairfield County, CT.
- The contest is open from February 1 to April 6, 2018.
- An effective submission will (1) Define the issue and the community you seek to serve (2) Demonstrate why the issue is important (3) Propose a feasible and sustainable solution.
- Finalists will be selected by a GCI Jury and notified by April 30, 2018. Finalists must be available to attend the award ceremony held during the Greenwich International Film Festival on Saturday, June 2nd at 11 a.m. at Greenwich Library's Cole Auditorium. During this event, the winners will be announced and the finalist videos will be shown.
- The winner will receive a $4,000 grant. The runner-up will receive a $1,000 grant. Finalists will receive a certificate.
- Grants must be used toward aiding the launch of the project solution. GCI requests an update report six (6) months from the announcement of the winner.
Regarding Copyrighted Material: By entering GCI Social Impact Video Competition you are declaring that all material in your production is either entirely original, or you have obtained proper, legal permission to use copyrighted material. For popular songs, you must be able to produce copies of expressed written consent from both the publisher and the record company that states your name, the name of your production, the title of the song, the names of the composer, performer and publisher, and any specific limitations on the use of the song. Any entry using a popular song without this documentation will be disqualified.