'Think, think and practice thinking.'- Ritwik Ghatak
After conducting film festivals successfully for two consecutive years, Government College Of Engineering & Ceramic Technology is here with it's 3rd International Film Festival, Cine-Matic 2k18, in the memory of "Ritwick-Satyajit-Mrinal", the three jewels of Bengal, Indian, and world film history, the first of its kind conducted herein. We, at "Cinematic", will provide space to all genres of cinema, and each piece of work will be handled with the amount of respect it deserves.
The factors which differentiate Cinematic from other film festivals are:
1.Cinematic is a fully autonomous international film festival.
2.All kinds of work are done by the students who are interested in this field.
3.There's no entry fee to Cinematic.
4.Cinematic is the combined effort of imagination & implementation.
• Total 12 no of cinemas will be screened.
• Among those 12 cinemas, 4 best films will be awarded certificate.
GCECT Film Fest
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Deadline: Friday 23 March 2018
Competition terms and conditions
1. The Competition for 2018 is open to short and Documentary films of all genres made in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018. Any film already shown in a previous GCECT Film Festival or Cinematic is not eligible for entry.
2. The Competition is open to Indian and Non-Indian filmmakers.
3. The Competition is closed to GCECTFF or Cinematic Organising Committee members.
4. The Short film must be no longer than 20 minutes, including any title or end credits.
5. Copies can be accepted in the following formats: 35mm / BETA SP / Mini DV / DV CAM / DVD / HD CAM / Digital. We regret we cannot accept submissions on VHS due to its poor quality. All tapes / DVDs must be clearly marked with: The filmmaker’s name, the title of the work, exact running time and format.
6. The film must have English subtitles.
7. All films must be received before 11:59 pm Friday 23 March 2018.
8. Submission of films is limited to a maximum of 5 films per person.
9. All the films submitted to the competition will be watched and selected by a selection committee formed by GCECTFF or Cinematic Organising Committee before admitted to the competition.
Competition is limited to 12 films in total for 2018, but this may be changed at the discretion of the selection committee.
10. Films submitted to any other competition can also enter the GCECTFF Cinematic Short Film Competition.
11. A certificate will be awarded to the Best selected Films.
12. GCECTFF or Cinematic reserves the exclusive right to use the Entrant's Film to market the Competition or showcase the work of GCECTFF or Cinematic.
13. GCECTFF or Cinematic reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
14. The decisions of the selection committee judges and GCECTFF or Cinematic are final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into concerning any decision.
15. The entrant must submit only his/her own original work and agrees and confirms that this will not infringe on copyright or any other rights of any third party.
16. All mailing costs for submissions belong to the entrant. The GCECT Film Festival or Cinematic does not pay for any expenses towards sending submissions to the competition.
17. Submitted copies cannot be returned to the Entrant. Copies of all submissions will be kept in the GCECT Film Festival Film Archive or Cinematic Film Archive.
18. Attendance by the entrant at the GCECT Film Festival will be at their own expense. The GCECTFF or Cinematic is only able to provide a guest pass giving admission to the festival programme.
19. No responsibility is taken by GCECTFF or Cinematic for loss, damage or delay to films entered.
20. GCECTFF or Cinematic reserves the right to seek and issue publicity on behalf of the entrant. By entering the Competition, the entrant agrees to participate in publicity as appropriate in the context of the Competition.
21. The film is made at the entrant's own expense and GCECTFF or Cinematic shall not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in making an entry.
22. The entrant must ensure that all contributions to his/her film or recordings or other submissions and any copyright material included in the short film (including music) have been cleared for all purposes of the Competition and these Terms and Conditions.
23. GCECTFF or Cinematic accept no responsibility for any misuse of intellectual property rights.
24. GCECTFF or Cinematic will hold the right to exhibit a film at no financial gain and for educational purposes at educational institutions in India to promote Indian films and filmmakers.
25. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is a condition of entry.
GCECT Film Festival (GCECTFF)
Government College of Engineering & Ceramic Technology
73, Abinash Chandra Banerjee Lane, Beliaghata
Phone: + 91 8902270301 (for Submissions, Program and General Enquiries)