Within Nollywood and the African continent, there abounds a wide array of awards for excellence in the film industry with criteria, selection and finally recognition left entirely to the audience, where the highest number of votes determines the winner of such awards.
This is against the backdrop that nominees can solicit for and get votes irrespective of skill or ability in the award category they are.
There are also individuals, organisations and movies that have contributed enormously to the growth of the film industry that cannot but be appreciated and recognized for their immense contributions.
Hence, Fritz Awards was born to bring about prestige, high integrity and excellence in recognizing individuals, organisations and movies who have contributed immensely to the growth of the film industry globally, continental and locally.
This it intends to do through a very rigorous nomination process by a painstaking assessment and selection by an impeccable line-up of Jury comprising seasoned individuals who have excelled in their industries of specialisation.
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Animated Feature Film
Best Original Screenplay
Best Costume Design
Best Foreign Language Film
Best Production Design
Best Original Score
Best Original Song
Best Visual Effects
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Child Actor
Best Next Gen Actor
Please read all rules and regulations below carefully before submitting your project. This agreement pertains to all work/s submitted to the Fritz Awards.
By submitting your film/s or screenplay to the Fritz Awards, you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter acknowledges that he or she has obtained all necessary rights and authorizations from other individuals and third parties as necessary before submitting the film/s or screenplay to the Fritz Awards.
2. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Fritz Awards and all its members, affiliates, and partners from any legal action whatsoever.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Nigeria, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only – Not for commercial use). The Fritz Awards Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
6. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can’t attend the Awards Ceremony in Nigeria, will only receive laurels.
7. Submission of an entry gives the Fritz Awards permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Fritz Awards.
8. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
9. All selection committees’ and juries’ decisions are finals.
10. The Fritz Awards has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Fritz Awards professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Fritz Awards will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Fritz Awards should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
12. The Fritz Awards has the right to work with any institution and partner for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
13. Films could be from any year.
14. The Fritz Awards Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Fritz Awards if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
16. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Fritz Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in Nigeria. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Fritz Awards will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our the Fritz Awards, submitter/filmmaker agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Fritz Awards. Submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that he or she has read, understood, agreed with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification, and that he or she is 18 years of age or older and mentally competent to submit this application.