In 2017, we created Road7films as an outlet for up-and-coming filmmakers. Three years later, Road7films has become a key player in the promotion of creations from unknown and underrepresented filmmakers, with two yearly international film festivals here in Central Florida. For 2020, the company is taking it a step further by creating Frame60, a video-on-demand service for those who want to distribute their films online to a wider audience while keeping their focus on the creative process. We’re excited to be partnering with FilmFreeway and BingeWave to create Frame60 Film Showcase. By having their films officially selected for the Festival, filmmakers will have a unique opportunity to generate incentives during a period of 3 months. We know that this year has been especially hard on the indie film industry, and we want to join forces with independent filmmakers to make their journey more successful.
How It Works
Each Official Selection will be streamed on our VOD platform for a period of 3 months prior to the award ceremony. The audience will be able to vote for their favorite films & leave comments. Following the event, we will we work directly with some of the winners on long-term distribution opportunities. Award Winners get a free pass for the 2021 Central Florida Cinefest.
- How do I submit my film?
o We require filmmakers to submit their films via FilmFreeway; once the selection is made, we will contact filmmakers if additional assets are needed. We strongly encourage trailers, press kits or any other promotional material.
- What lengths of films are accepted?
o We accept feature films, feature documentaries and short films between 20 and 40 minutes in length.
- How does my film get promoted?
o Film promotion is done by the filmmaker and Road7films. The filmmaker knows this process better than anyone else. While we will do our best to promote the films via our different social media channels, we strongly encourage filmmakers to direct their audience to the screening page.
- Can you block my film for certain countries?
o Yes, we can use geo-blocking to turn off your film for certain regions.
- How long the film will stay on the platform?
o Film will stay on the platform for 3 months from the Official Selections announcement.
- Ho much filmmakers receive form ticket sales?
o Every filmmaker receives 40% of each ticket sold for their respective submission. Road7films will invite each official selected film to register for payment 2 days after the official selections announcement. Payment will be processed within 10 days after the award ceremony.
All officially selected films will be able to collect incentives based on ticket sales.
1) We accept films made in 2019 and up.
Films are split into 3 divisions - Short films: maximum 20-40 minutes (including animations), Short Documentaries: 20-40 minutes & Feature films: 60 minutes.
Festival accepts secure online screener like vimeo, however we will require actual movie files from official selected films..
2) Entry of a film in multiple categories is allowed but in such cases, it is necessary to pay the entry fee for each category.
3) English subtitle is compulsory for all Non-English films.
4) All movies are downloaded for live screen viewing; we do not share your movies.
5) This is a a profit sharing film festival & filmmakers are highly encouraged to sharing the screening during the film showcase.
6) Synopsis, Poster and trailer of your film are mandatory.
7) Entry fees are non-refundable.
8) The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.
9) The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the 2021 Frame60 Film Showcase
The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the 2021 Frame60 Film Showcase. Furthermore, an applicant formally declares possession to all rights regarding screening of the film.
Under NO circumstance, the authorities of Frame60 Film Showcase will not entertain or be answerable to anyone else apart from the applicant.
10) All submissions in personal categories (like “best actor” or “best director”) need the name of the person you are registering to the category. You can send us your submissions with the cover letter. The name must match with the real person who covers the role.
11) While submitting the movie the applicant accepts the sharing of trailer, pictures, and posters of the movie on our social page, website, and other media platforms. If the applicant objects to this, notification by email is necessary.
12) We do not answer questions about the selection, as our judges have the final say over movie selections.
13) We can withdraw the selection or award of any candidate at any time if the above rules are not respected.
14) We do not grant waivers.
15) Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. The Frame60 Film Showcase is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
16) Films must not screen in the U.S. in theaters, air on U.S. television, or be available to U.S. consumers in stores or via the internet before April 30, 2021.