Holmlands is proud to present the third annual Four Seasons Film Festival, a boutique festival celebrating storytelling inspired by adventure.
March 16th -23rd 2020 will see the festival take place at Charlotte Street Hotel and Soho Hotel in Central London, with submissions now open.
Our aim is to provide a platform for film makers and adventurers to showcase their work in a unique, intimate and engaging festival.
We welcome all submissions relating to:
- Adventure sports
- Travel and exploration
- Wildlife and the natural world
- Environmentalism and sustainability
- Mountain culture
- Inspiring human interest stories relating to outdoor life
The festival also welcomes entries for our amateur #OneMinuteAdventures competition - showcasing 60 second adventure stories from around the world.
We will be holding a special awards presentation evening on Monday 23rd March at The Soho Hotel to announce and present the awards in a VIP party. The full list of award categories are:
Best of Festival Award
Best Director Award
Best Feature Film Award
Best Short Film Award
Audience Favourite Award
One Minute Adventures Film Award
All films that make the official festival selection will automatically be entered for the festival awards, with four complimentary awards evening tickets provided to each selected film.
All award winners are selected by an independent judging panel comprising of festival associates, adventurers and sponsors; with the exception of the audience favourite award which will be voted for by event ticket holders via a ballot.
All award decisions are final.
- To be eligible for the Four Seasons Film Festival 2020, your film must have been completed after 31st March 2018.
- We have an open submission policy for all feature films, short films and music videos, they may have screened at other festivals and/or online. However, if your film has been screened at other festivals and/ or published online you must state full details of where and when at the time of submission.
- All Four Seasons Festival submissions must be completed and submitted via FilmFreeway. Incomplete submissions and film trailers are not considered to be a valid entry. We do not accept DVD’s or Blu Rays.
- All the submissions for the Four Seasons Film Festival are to be paid via FilmFreeway. The submission fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee entry to the festival.
- Submission fees do not include festival screening tickets, travel or accommodation. Submission fees also exclude postage for national and international award winners.
- All submissions are reviewed and selected based on creativity, authenticity, originality, independence and relevancy.
- We will notify all submitting parties on 13th December 2019, in writing, if their film has been successful.
- Successful submissions will then be provided with important information about the festival, including your assigned screening time. Screenings are carefully scheduled at the discretion of Four Seasons Film Festival. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, Four Seasons Film Festival reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. Four Seasons Film Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
- Selected films MUST provide an HD MP4 (25mbps or higher) at 1080p version of your film. Our selected venue will convert files to DCP. Failure to provide the requested materials may result in exclusion from the festival.
- No film may be withdrawn from the festival programme after its selection.
- By submitting to Four Seasons Film Festival, selected films must acknowledge that Four Seasons Film Festival reserves the right to promote the films on the festival website and social media using both images and video that you provide. We may also contact film makers with press and media opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT OFFER WAIVERS FOR FREE ENTRY
Response from festival:
Thanks for being part of Four Seasons Film Festival 2019 Danielle. It was our pleasure to screen your short film and we were delighted you could join us for a Q&A. Thank you for taking time out to leave us a review. We're small but growing and welcome more submissions from you in the years to come.