Calling all independent horror/comedic filmmakers from around the world!
Foggy Isle is a macabre-themed film festival based out of Victoria, British Columbia, with a mission to showcase short films that celebrate all that is weird, macabre, and darkly hilarious. In short, Foggy Isle is more about a mood than a genre.
Seeing as 2020 was, for lack of better term, a colossal shit show, this edition of Foggy Isle will be focused on bringing the funny. If you have completed a short horror comedy or dark comedy, submit it to the 2021 edition of the Foggy Isle Film Festival!
Foggy Isle will be returning to its original cabaret-styled roots with a live show at the Victoria Event Centre on Saturday, October 2nd. The live show will also be available online. The full line-up and ticket details will be made available in late August.
Learn more about the Foggy Isle Film Festival, including press mentions, at FoggyIsleFilms.com.
1. Entries are accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway.com
2. Entries may be fiction, animation, or experimental. Films must be in English OR contain English subtitles. Films can have a maximum run-time of 15 minutes including credits. Only films completed after January 1, 2019 and that have not been previously released online will be considered.
3. Films that are selected to screen at Foggy Isle Film Festival will be notified before 1 September 2021.
4. If a project is selected to screen, the filmmaker will be required to submit the following:
• Minimum two high-resolution film stills
• Brief synopsis of the film
• Film exhibition copy, minimum 1080 resolution, .mp4 or .mov file.
5. Films selected to screen at Foggy Isle Film Festival may not be withdrawn.
6. One representative from each selected film will be provided with one free event pass, whether the event happen in-person or online.
7. Your submission of this entry form confirms that:
• You have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration and accept the rules of Foggy Isle Film Festival.
• Foggy Isle Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, or royalty infringements related to the work.
• You agree to allow Foggy Isle Film Festival to use your film (in whole or in part) along with its publicity materials for promotional purposes.
8. Please do not ask for a deadline extension or submission waiver.
9. Please no torture porn/slasher flicks.
10. As this event works with an extremely limited budget and the help of many volunteers, we are unable to pay screening fees at this time.