Submit your films until June 01, 2020
Flipbook Film Festival is an annual cultural event devoted specifically for animated films made by European authors. The Festival comprises screenings of the latest works of the European animated production, exhibitions of various artists, masterclasses, workshops led by professionals, panels, debates, meetings with filmmakers and concerts.
Due to recent Corona virus outbreak, the dates of the festival (May 28 to May 31, 2020) will be postponed. Our team is closely monitoring the developments, and will keep you informed about any eventual changes.
Best European Animated Short Film
Best European Animated Student Short Film
Best European Animated Documentary Film
- Flipbook Film Festival is an event organized by the FlipBook Productions and ASIFA Macedonia, with the support of the Youth Cultural Center (Skopje).
- All submissions are free of charge.
- Any European animated film, European Student animated film and European animated documentary film completed after January 01, 2018 can participate. The submission deadline for all the categories is June 01, 2020.
- To be considered for one of the competitions, the duration of the films must be less than 20 minutes (including credits).
- The submission of the films is via FilmFreeway platform.
- Only the selection committee will have access to the film files.
- The films that are not in English must have English subtitles.
3. Competitions and Awards
- Competition of European Animated Short Films (short animated films from European countries with duration less than 30 minutes),
- Competition of European Student Animated Short Films (short animated films from European countries with duration less than 30 minutes that were completed as graduation films or as part of university studies),
- Competition of European Animated Documentary Film (short animated documentary films in which the animation is integrated in the films in such a way that without it the meaning of the film would become incoherent, with duration less than 30 minutes).
- Three juries will decide the above awards and none of the jury members will be involved in the production of any of the films they judge.
- The selection of the films will be made according to the following criteria: originality, artistic excellence and innovative animation techniques, social and educational impact.
- All applicants who have submitted films for pre-selection will be informed of the results by the Festival organization.
- All the applicants/authors of the accepted and not accepted films will be informed at the latest by June 15th, 2020.
- Once a film has been selected to participate in the Festival cannot be withdrawn from the Festival program.
- The Festival does not pay screening fees for the films of any of the Festival competitions.
For any additional information regarding the above mention please contact:
Flipbook Film Festival