Flikkers Queer Film Festival was established in 2020 during the Coronavirus pandemic by a small team of volunteers with the aim of bringing LGBTQ+ community members together to watch Queer films. As we are often misrepresented in the media, the team at Flikkers aims to provide a platform for films that are representative of our fantastically diverse community.
For our first festival in 2021, we will be going virtual due to the pandemic with the hope of holding our first physical event in 2022.
Flikkers 2021 will be free to attend.
Best Student Film
We are looking for films up to 40 minutes in length, that represent all corners of our community. We accept and encourage all genres, from documentary to drama, animation to experimental.
Flikkers is a non-profit event, run but a small team of volunteers and therefore we cannot provide a screening fee.
1. We are a festival dedicated exclusively to LGBTQIA+ films and we will not accept any film that does not fall into this category.
2. Your film can have been completed at any time.
3. Your film must follow copyright laws for music, footage or any other form of material used in your film.
4. We do not have any premiere status requirements, and your film can be online already.
5. If selected, your film will be available to watch online via our website for the duration of the festival.
6. If selected, we will request a link to download your film, along with a synopsis, director/producer/cast bio and any artwork or trailers relating to your film.
7. All films must be in English and/or have English subtitles.