Flicks Daily brings you the very best in Entertainment News, all day, every day and now it’s proud to bring to you the Flicks Film Festival all year, every month.
Why wait a full year to know if your entry is a winner?
The Flicks Film Festival wants to bring you that news as soon as possible and that is why we have created the Flicks Film Festival to be a monthly competition with all winners being automatically entered into our annual event.
*** PLEASE BE AWARE *** Any entry submitted WITHOUT a required 'Main Category' will NOT be selected to progress further in the awards.
Each month our judges will select the people and projects that make the best impact on them as their go through every entry. There will be awards in several ‘Main Categories’, and every submission can add numerous ‘Additional Categories' to showcase each and every department and thus increasing the probability of coming out a category winner.
Each and every Monthly Award Winner will receive our Official Certificate (digital format) ready for printing, be listed on our web site, promoted via our social networks and will have their wins added against their listed projects on IMDb.
Additionally, all Monthly Award Winners will automatically be entered into our 'Best of Year' selection in their respective categories. Please note only the finalists of the 'Main Categories' will have their work screened at the event and overall winners of said categories will walk away with our specially designed trophies at our prestigious Gala Event (or for the cost of p&p can be sent to an address of your choosing - if supplied).
All Best of Year Winners will be listed on our web site for the next whole year and promoted across our social media platforms (if social media links have been supplied).
The Flicks Film Festival is an IMDb qualifying competition hosted out of the UK, celebrating independent films worldwide with a huge range of awards for various categories and genres. It is our duty is to discover ambitious and engaging films, to support independent filmmakers’ works and to help endorse their talent to a wider audience faster and consistently with our monthly competitions.
PLAYING BY THE RULES
PLEASE READ ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PROJECT
* PLEASE NOTE: You must enter your project under a ‘Main Category’ of your choice. ‘Additional Categories’ entered without a valid ‘Main Category’ will not be accepted.
All submissions in the ‘Additional Personnel Categories’ for selections such as ‘Best Actor/Actress’, ‘Best Supporting Actor/Actress’, ‘Best Director’, and so on where categories that are to be attributed to a personnel role require the name of the person you wish to nominate into that category. You can send us the name with the Cover Letter on FilmFreeway or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. The name must match with the real person who covers the role.
We accept all genres in any language, however they must come with CC/Subtitles in English if English is not the spoken language in the entry.
WHAT WE ACCEPT:
1. Narrative (fiction)
2. Documentary (non-fiction)
WHAT WE DON’T ACCEPT:
1. An ‘Additional Category’ entry without a chosen ‘Main Category’.
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organisations.
3. Films involving politics / films promoting political agenda.
4. Pornography of any kind.
5. Torture/Snuff/Mutilation material.
6. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD).
The Flicks Film Festival is hereby granted the rights to utilise any excerpt from any project submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the project for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
The competition reserves the right to refuse entries. The festival judges can remove the project from the competition at any time. The number of awards given every month varies on the submissions received.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Flicks Film Festival, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
** ADDITIONAL NOTE: As an entry works its way thru the selection process, the submitter will be notified via FilmFreeway. With each stage passed your entry will be eligible to use the Flicks Film Festival Laurel on your promotional outlets.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
1. Entry fees are non-refundable.
2. By submitting your project, take note that: You agree for Flicks Film festival to use parts (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
3. Multiple monthly entries are allowed for each project
4. Each entry may be submitted into multiple categories.
5. The films will not be available online.
6. We may promote some of the films by uploading their trailers/teasers/posters/production stills on our website and on our social media outlets.