ReadingFilmFEST introduces the Five Minute FilmFEST for High School Students from Berks County Pennsylvania! This festival is geared toward local students who are encouraged to submit an original film/video project no more than 5 minutes in length. All genres will be accepted, including original narrative/fiction, documentary/non-fiction and music videos. Please note that all videos must utilize original or copyright cleared music and images.
Submissions will be accepted until September 24, 2018. All submissions will be judged by independent jurors and screened at the WCR Center for the Arts in Reading on October 18, 2018.
Students must reside in Berks County and be currently enrolled in a public or private high school. 2018 high school graduates are eligible to submit.
This event is being sponsored by a grant from the Berks County Community Foundation.
Cash prizes will be offered in each category, with $100 each presented to the best narrative, documentary and music videos. Prizes of $50 and $25 will be presented to the runners up in each category.
In addition, the winning films will be screened as part of the ReadingFilmFEST StudentFEST (an international high school and college competition) at the festival on November 1, 2018 at the Reading Movies 11 & IMAX Theater.
Winners will receive 2 VIP Passes to ReadingFilmFEST. All submitters will receive Student Passes to the festival.
1. Submitters must be enrolled in a high school program (public, private or online) or be a 2018 graduate.
2. Submitters must live (or maintain a permanent address) in Berks County Pennsylvania.
3. Only original or copyright cleared images and music will be accepted.
4. Submissions close on 9/24/18.
5. Films to be screened on 10/18/18.
6. Submitting film implies a release to screen the film on 10/18/18.