The Fire island Film Festival is based in sunny and sun-kissed Fire Island, New York, an exciting and art-oriented community passionate about its beaches and entertainment. The Fire Island Film Festival, a not for profit charity, with an emphasis on fundraising for St Judes Children’s Hospital, providingopportunities for independent film makers and actors to showcase their craft and art, and to increase the public's awareness and support of filmmaking as a cultural and economic asset.
Our unique platform provides an opportunity where all level of filmmakers, high and low budget, can meet, be seen, be heard, learn, grow, and enhance their skills.
Do not miss out on the opportunity to submit and be part of this exciting film festival created by like-minded artists and a multiple-time film festival award winning veteran to provide a platform for the world to view, absorb and feel your art and film passion.
Best Feature Narrative
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Audience Choice Award
Best Horror Film
1. Productions may be created in any format, but all entries for pre-screening must be sent in a digital file.
2. Productions must be entered by the primary rights holder or their authorized representative. If you are acting on the behalf of the rights holder of the film, you may be required to furnish proof of authorization for audience screening.
3. All entires must be in English, or dubbed in English, or contain on screen-subtitles in English.
4. Entries must be submitted by the stated deadline dates.
5. For live audience awards, the Fire Island Film Festival will provide four (4) filmmaker passes to all festival events.
6. Based upon availability for live awards, the Fire Island Film Festival will attempt to arrange for discounts at hotels for filmmakers traveling to the event. This will be provided on a first come, first serve basis, to the extent they are obtained and provided by participating hotels.
1. Only complete entries will be processed and considered.
2. Entrant's name, email address, FilmFreeway tracking number and the production title must accompany each submission.
3. Entrants will be notified of acceptance into the program by April 15, 2021
4. All winners agree to have their film displayed on the Fire Island Film Festival and through its social media. All winners are to provide a picture of the movie box cover for display on social media on the Fire Island Film Festival Website, and winners of awards must agree to having their picture taken and displayed accepting the award.
5. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold Fire Island Film Festival harmless from any and all damages from any claims, liabilities and losses and expenses (not limited to attorneys fees) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits for any submission made by a third party claiming ownership of the rights of your submission.
Our 2022 Festival will take place live on Fire Island on August 13 and 14, 2022.