Filming Shakespeare is for all films and animations inspired by Shakespeare.
Entries are invited in the following categories:
1. Best interpretation of a passage from Shakespeare (up to 10 mins)
2. Best film inspired by Shakespeare (up to 15 mins)
3. Best Shakespeare themed Animation (up to 3 mins)
Kenneth Branagh will be choosing one overall winner from these three categories and offering feedback to each of the three finalists.
Three finalists will get feedback from Kenneth Branagh and winners and selected shortlisted films will be screened at the Film Festival in Stratford Upon Avon UK
• Submissions will ONLY be accepted via FilmFreeway entrants must upload their short films on to FilmFreeway.
• The submission must be a finished product.
• The submission must not contain any pornographic or obscene content
• All submissions must be short films anything over the maximum time will not even be watched.
• We have no policy restricting when the film was made. As long as you created it, your film will be accepted.
• The film can have originated in any country in the world, but if it is not in English we would request that it has subtitles.
• We reserve the right to disqualify any individual we find to be tampering with the submission process, or to be acting in a manner that we deem to be not within the spirit of this festival.
• The film must be your own original work, meaning that you must have been one of the principal creators and have the right to submit it to this competition and authorise it to be screened to the general public
• The Submission must not contain any third party work, INCLUDING ANY MUSICAL RECORDING OR COMPOSITION, unless (1) you have a license to use such work in the Submission from the owners/licensors; (2) such work is in the public domain.
• The submission must not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property or privacy rights
• Where required by law, you must have obtained appropriate releases for every person who appears recognisably in your Submission
• Your submission must not breach any contractual obligation
• We cannot be held responsible for any losses arising from any third-party action against you in relation to your submission
• No animals must be used in your film without the owner’s consent
• You must be able to provide licenses, releases and permissions upon request
• You must be happy that we screen your film at a public screening
• Films must not have exclusivity rights elsewhere.
The festival screenings:
• If you are selected as the winner, you must be able to provide us with a high resolution version of your film.
• We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
• We reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the festival although we will try our best to provide notice to all entrants.
Ownership and rights:
• Grant of Licence: As between you and the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, you will own all intellectual property related to your Submission and shall retain ownership of such intellectual property.
• By submitting your entry, you grant the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust a non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, publicly perform, display, reproduce, transmit, sublicense, and distribute in all media formats that exist now or in the future the Submission in connection with (1) the Shakespeare Film Festival and the promotion of stated festival; (2) the promotion of future iterations of the Shakespeare Film Festival.
• Where permitted by law, each Winner agrees to grant the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, his or her name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, and without notification, review, or approval.