Welcome to the 5th Annual FilmicFest Worldwide Online Mobile Film Festival, the one-of-its-kind online film festival that showcases exceptional works in various categories, including narrative, documentary, music, travel, experimental, ultra-short films (30 seconds or less) and long-form projects!
We launched FilmicFest four years ago as a way to inspire a whole new generation of filmmakers to create and share their vision. This year, we want to make an even bigger impact, especially now, with Hollywood in lockdown, there has never been a better opportunity to empower the voices of emerging and established indie filmmakers.
Submissions for Filmic Pro's FilmicFest close at 11:59 PM PDT on December 15, 2023.
Category Finalists announced: January 9, 2024
Category Winners announced: January 16, 2024
Grand Prize Winner announced: January 30, 2024
Lawrence Sher, ASC (Oscar-nominated DP; JOKER, THE HANGOVER, GARDEN STATE)
Mel Eslyn (President, Duplass Brothers Productions; writer-director, BIOSPHERE)
Atom Egoyan (Oscar-nominated writer-director; THE SWEET HEREAFTER, DEVIL'S KNOT)
Justine Ezarik (aka iJustine, billion-plus YouTuber and influencer)
Ryan Connolly (founder, FilmRiot; writer-director)
Valentina Vee (director, cinematographer, editor)
Tyler Stalman (YouTube influencer; cinematographer)
p.s. If you need music for your project, Melodie (https://melod.ie/) provides a simple, affordable music licensing solution that is fast and intuitive. Perfect for content creators in need of high-quality, safely licensed music. Choose from 20,000+ stock music tracks and stems to bring your content to life. Get one FREE month of Melodie Pro for your FilmicFest project by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Melodie"
Grand Prize Winner:
$25,000 Production Grant
Short Category Finalists
Short Category Winners
Long-Form Category Winner:
Gear and software packages from top filmmaking and content creation brands
$500 cash for the most compelling behind-the-scenes photo or video from on-set
FilmicFest 2023 Sponsors:
1. Submit your project in one of the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Travel, Music, Experimental, Ultra-Short, or Long-Form.
2. Contest submissions must be no longer than ten (10) minutes.
3. Long-form entries must not exceed 150 minutes.
4. Submissions must be primarily shot with Filmic Pro or DoubleTake (70%), with drone or mixed camera footage allowable up to 30% of running time.
5. Music must be fully licensed.
6. Model releases are required where necessary.
7. International winners are responsible for any and all import tariffs or import taxes on prize shipments or cash prizes.
8. Full contest terms and conditions are available here: https://www.filmicpro.com/more/filmicfest/.