Film for (a better) Future invites filmmakers to create and share stories that drive change. The festival celebrates the art of filmmaking while supporting non-profit organizations that aid global causes. We encourage filmmakers to subjectively define "change" in their own words and creatively reflect their unique voices in the making of their films. Ultimately, we hope to educate, form discussions, and inspire audiences to participate in the bettering of the world we live in.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
The 2016 Film for (a better) Future Festival will be held at Pinch 'n' Ouch Theatre in Atlanta, GA and will take place May 1-25. The festival will accept feature films, shorts, and documentaries. A special category for Youth Short Films (K-12th grades) will be open for those who qualify. Film for (a better) Future is taking submissions from now until March 15, 2016.
· Feature Film (narrative)
· Short Film (narrative)
· Feature Film (documentary)
· Short Film (documentary)
· Youth Short Films (K-12th grades)
All filmmakers who submit must choose a registered 501C3 non-profit organization from the festival’s pre-selected list. Awards will be announced at the close of the festival.
AWARDS THAT SUPPORT CHANGE:
At the end of the festival’s run, a panel of judges will select a winning film from each category. Each award-winning filmmaker will select a 501C3 non-profit organization from a list of pre-selected and vetted change-based organizations. Donations from local businesses and festival sponsors will support each winning filmmaker’s choice of non-profit organizations.
· Best Feature Film (narrative)
· Best Short Film (narrative)
· Best Feature Film (documentary)
· Best Short Film (documentary)
· Best Youth Short Film (K-12th grades)
1. Please make sure to read all of the festival rules as well as the terms and conditions.
2. Please include all information (names) for the following positions: Director, Screenwriter, Lead Actors, Cinematographer, Editor, Sound Mixer, and Original Music (Band, Composer).
3. Make sure to specify the non-profit from the pre-selected list you would like your award winnings to go toward if you win in any of the categories.
4. The Film for the Future Festival does not present sponsored works (such as training films or commercials produced for a client). Only independently produced films and videos are appropriate for this competition. Artists must have final creative control over their work to be eligible.
5. The Film for the Future Festival does not pay screening fees. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
6. All works selected must be available by April 10, 2016 for inclusion in the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your film for consideration for the 2016 Film for the Future Festival, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2016 Film for the Future Festival. The Film for the Future Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.