In FilmFest we find it important to show a variety of films so as to inspire viewers. A lot of festivals show only a few generation of films and are strict about the format of the video. We believe this only keeps us in a box where we don't easily get inspired.
Motivation is what gave birth to the medium we lovingly call film and it's what keeps us making more films . There have been numerous inspired filmmaking styles and techniques over the decades to keep with the times and to make use of new technology tools.
It is a great joy to be able to inspire others to follow in our footsteps by joining our filmiest community. With a little filmmaking talent we can use our films to inspire the next generation to make more films. Whether your film is a drama, comedy, animation, stop-motion, documentary, experimental, music video or something else, we'd like you to submit your entries in our film festival and join our FilmFest community.
Reputation is important to every filmmaker. We've created this film festival with that in mind. We also offer award , certificate, png laurels, newsletter mentions and reviews for selected films.
Here is what we offer you -
- Screening of your film before a live audience in India.
- Finding an audience that resonates with the idea of film as an art and a platform from which you can get honest and constructive feedback
- The finalists and the winner will get certificates as well as laurels highlighting their achievement
- All selected films will be awarded with our official laurel
- The Best Film Winner will get a featured interview
We accept submissions exclusively via FilmFreeway. Here's a few rules that we follow.
1. To be considered in the competition, you must enter in at least one Main Main Category. You can enter in as many categories as you want.
2. Films must have been produced after 1/1/2000
3. There are no restrictions on theme, genre or author. We consider films in any language, from anywhere in the world. If your film is not in English, make sure it has English subtitles where necessary.
4. For student fees (under 18 only), it is mandatory the student status evidence (eg copy of student card included in the project)
5. By submitting your film, you agree that Filmfest International Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer / teaser / film poster) for promotional purposes. A short synopsis and digital still photo is required for all scripts and all entries (except music videos) for the jury, and for our website announcements should you win.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Each film will be watched by at least two different panels of judges. You can track the watches on Vimeo tracker if you are using Vimeo. However, we've had cases in which watches weren't recorded correctly, including for some of the films which were accepted. Please note that they are not always reliable.
8. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. To submit to one or more sub-category, you need to submit your entry to at least one main category.
9. Reviews and Interviews will be published on our Festival website which you can use in your Press Kit.
10. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.