Please note that filmSPARK only features films made in North Carolina.
Now in its twelfth year, SPARKcon takes over downtown Raleigh, NC September 14-17 to bring the best of the local creative community out for an arts celebration like no other! Only at SPARKcon can you attend a film screening, catch local indie bands, take part in a poetry jam, destroy a small city dressed as a giant robot, and enjoy a fire show all in the same day!
Organized by Triangle Filmmaking Community, filmSPARK serves as a film festival within a festival. Our goal is share excellent and engaging North Carolina-made films with the public, as well as to raise awareness of the local filmmaking community.
We are accepting short and feature length films in the following categories:
Each category will have an award for Best Film and Audience Choice. The final day of the FilmSPARK, we will have a screening of the winning films where we will announce a Best in Show based on judge and audience rankings.
The film incentives might be gutted, but we are still here, MAKING GREAT FILMS! Let's show NC what we got!
Each film screened will receive exclusive "Official Selection" laurels.
"Judges Choice" laurels will be awarded for films that score the highest rating by FilmSPARK judges in each genre catagory.
"Festival Winner" laurels will be awarded to the film that scores the highest rating overall by FilmSPARK judges.
1. Films must have been made in NC by a NC resident.
2. Films must have been completed 2015 or after.
3. By submitting your film, you grant SPARKcon, FilmSPARK, and Triangle Film Community a non-exclusive license to screen your film as part of FilmSPARK. Your film may also be screened once more as a Best of FilmSPARK screening to be held after the main SPARKcon event. Once paid, submission fees will not be refunded.
4. SPARKcon/VAE will not add you to the show without your signature. Your signature acknowledges that whatever you are entering is your original work or you have permission to show it. If you worked with or are representing others, it is your responsibility to get all permissions to show it and to credit all parties appropriately. SPARKcon/VAE is not responsible for any such credits. Any work found to violate these terms or any applicable copyright laws will be immediately disqualified without refund.
5. SPARKcon is not responsible for damages to your offerings. Your signature authorizes SPARKcon/VAE to take photos and video of the event and all SPARKcon events or setup related to the show. SPARKcon owns all such photography and video and has the right to use it however they choose, including but not limited to advertising, promotion and sales items for SPARKcon this year and future years. By choosing yes to the waiver, you agree to abide by all SPARKcon/VAE policies as posted.
6. A film may be withdrawn from consideration at any time for any reason until it has been selected for screening. No refunds will be given for withdrawls. Once a film has been selected for screening and the entrant notified of the selection, the film may not be withdrawn for any reason.