It's a celebration of cinema in Sioux Falls, South Dakota held at the historic State Theatre downtown. The State Theatre is a historic theatre built in the 1920's a truly one of a kind location to play your film. https://siouxfallsstatetheatre.org/about/ There will be panel discussions about independent filmmaking and good times. So join us at the first annual Film Dakota Festival.
Various juried awards will be given for each category along with audience favorite awards.
General Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers submitting a film to the Film Dakota Festival accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Only directors or producers on the film may may submit and is considered the "you" and/or "your" found in the terms and conditions.
1. All categories are welcome to submit; however commercial work will not be accepted.
2. A short film is any film with a run time under 40 minutes.
3. Films of all languages can submit, but the film must have an English subtitles.
4. If the project is selected please be ready to have at a minimum two pictures and bios ready for promotional material.
5. Film Dakota Festival may use submitted promotional material for promotion of the festival, but it is not guaranteed all accepted films will be promoted. Also, trailers are allowed to be modified for a promotion video of the festival.
6. Film Dakota Festival reserves the right to rearrange festival programming and location up until the day of festival and does not accept any liability for costs associated with the change.
7. By submitting your film you authorize Film Dakota to show your film at the festival.
8. No refunds will be given for submission.
9. If your submissions is accepted we will make a DCP of the film for the festival.
9. Film Dakota Festival is a celebration of independent filmmakers and is a place of creative encouragement. As such all state and local laws are in tact and Film Dakota reserves the right to remove any individuals considered unruly without any rights to return or refunds.
10. Film Dakota Festival accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to Film Dakota and its curation and all related events.
11. You indemnify and hold harmless Film Dakota Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.