For over 47 years, the Montreal Festival du nouveau cinéma (FNC) has been a major event of the international cinema scene, where the Festival has proved its capacity to adhere to the most avant-garde audiovisual practices.
Your are invited to join us for the 47th edition of the Festival, from October 3 to 14, 2018. We offer you a rich and groundbreaking program of short and feature films. The FNC eXPlore section continues to astound some 15000 visitors with a free program of virtual reality and new media work.
Your favorite filmmakers, the Young Turks and key artists working in local and international cinema and new media will all be gathering for 11 days of festivities, events and meetings.
The she-wolf will be expecting you for her 47th edition!
11 categories, including 8 in competition
20 PRIZES WITH A TOTAL VALUE OF 70,000 CAD
FNC EXPLORE (NEW MEDIA)
EXPLORING NEW TECHNOLOGY TRENDS: VIRTUAL REALITY WORKS, INTERACTIVE AND IMMERSIVE WORLDS
4 prizes, including the “Audience award” presented by Viveport HTC for the best performance or installation in virtual reality with a grant of 2,500 USD
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION (SHORT AND FEATURE FILMS)
THE FLAGSHIP SECTION OF THE FESTIVAL, GUTSY CINEMA THAT BREAKS NEW GROUNDS
4 prizes, including the most prestigious "Louve d'or" for the best feature film with a grant of 15,000 CAD presented by Québecor.
FOCUS (SHORT AND FEATURE FILMS)
SPOTLIGHT ON A SELECTION OF NEW FEATURE AND SHORT FILMS FROM QUEBEC AND CANADA
3 prizes, including the "Grand Prix" presented by Post-Moderne for the best feature film with an award of 3,000 CAD in cash and 12,000 CAD in post production services.
TEMPS Ø (FEATURE FILMS)
THE WILD BUNCH, BOLD CINEMATIC REBELS AND ADVENTUROUS FILMS
NEW ALCHEMISTS (SHORT AND FEATURE FILMS)
AN EXPLORATION OF EXPERIMENTAL AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY FORMS OF CINEMA
4 prizes, including 2 "Experimentation Award" giving an exclusive screening on the MUBI platform, for the best short and feature films.
INTERNATIONAL PANORAMA (FEATURE FILMS)
AN ENGAGING VIEW OF THE NEW WORLD CINEMA
P’TITS LOUPS (SHORT AND FEATURE FILMS)
NEW CINEMA FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS
1 prize given by a jury of young film-lovers
RENCONTRES PANCANADIENNES DU CINÉMA ÉTUDIANT (RPCÉ)
A NATIONAL COMPETITION OF STUDENT SHORT FILMS
THE UNMISSABLES (FEATURE FILMS)
THE GREAT NAMES OF CINEMA
HISTORY OF CINEMA (SHORT AND FEATURE FILMS)
TRIBUTES TO AND RETROSPECTIVE PROGRAMS OF THE MASTER FILMMAKERS
SPECIAL PRESENTATION (SHORT AND FEATURE FILMS)
FILM EVENTS AND MASTER CLASSES.
The Festival is looking for films as well as virtual reality, interactive and performances works for its 47th edition which will run from October 3 to 14, 2018 in Montréal!
Submit your works before June 15th to be considered for the Festival this year!
Early bird rate before April 30, 2018!
Submission Fees :
- Early Bird : from March 15 to April 30 : 40 USD
- Regular : from May 1 to May 31 : 45 USD
- Last Minute : from June 1 to June 15 : 55 USD
SHORT FILMS AND NEW MEDIA ART WORKS:
- Early Bird : from March 15 to April 30 : 35 USD
- Regular : from May 1 to May 31 : 40 USD
- Last Minute : from June 1 to June 15 : 50 USD
Important Dates :
- Production : only works produced after January 1, 2017 will be accepted.
- Submission : The deadline for submission is June 15, 2018.
- Selection : applicants will be informed of the results of the selection around mid-September 2018.
- COURTS MÉTRAGES // SHORT FILMS : Films under 59 minutes.
- LONGS MÉTRAGES // FEATURE FILMS :Films 59 minutes and over.
Premiere Status :
All selected works must be unreleased and not previously be screened online, on television or in theaters :
- Canadian premier for international short films and New Media art works and Quebec premier for Canadian short films
- Quebec premier status for all feature films.
The work copy should be submitted in original version, subtitled in French (preferably) or English, only if the original language is not French or English. If the original language of the film is French or English, it is recommended to provide subtitles to the other language.
The followings should be provided with each submission:
- Completely filled submission form
- A secured web screener, working until the end of the Festival, October 14th 2018
- Full payment of the submission fees.
N.B. The FNC organizers have final authority on all matters not specifically covered by these regulations.
For more information, please contact us to email@example.com