International Short Film Festival Karťasy is a competitive film festival dedicated to shorts from all around the world, where the best ones are awarded in three categories. The festival is held in Pelhřimov, Czech Republic on August 1st - 4th. You can look forward to a rich festival program offering guests, alongside with the shorts screening, a large spectrum of events, such as workshops, lectures, concerts and much more. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to meet many famous professionals who will be part of the jury.
Kraťasy is a cultural and educational event connecting experts and professionals with the general public, introducing them the international short film cinematography and enriching the cultural scene in the beautiful Vysočina Region – home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Do something your futures self will thank you for - become part of the new film festival tradition!
We are looking forward to our cooperation!
1. - The Jury experst prize
2. - The prize of public interest
3. - The Pelhřimov town prize of honour
Conditions of registration
1. Author of the film have to fill in the form. All required information has to be filled in. Registration fee is 100 CZK (4 eur app). Without this registration fee won't be able to accept your movie.
2. Films mustn´t be longer than 30 minutes. (Longer films are available only with organizers exception)
3. Film is in MOV (or MP4), h.263, 1080p (720p is also allowed, but not smaller)
4. All screen ratios are allowed (4:3, 16:9, cinemascope…)
5. Author of the film is responsible for attaching .srt file with English or Czech subtitles. Subtitles have to be correctly timed and named in this order:
Name of the film_author_genre (document, fiction, animated, clip…)
For example: Interstelar_Christopher_Nolan_fiction.srt
Guide for creating .srt file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7410wF49qKs
6. Film will be delivered via internet storage sites with all documents required. The URL of the file have to be filled in the form.
7. Name of file:
Name of the film_author_genre (document, fiction, animated, clip,…)
For example: Interstelar_Christopher_Nolan_fiction
8. The teaser has to be available to watch online. Author is giving permission to public presentation of the teaser.
9. Author confirms that film is in order with all copyrights rules.
10. Author and the owner of copyright is giving a permission to organizers of the festival KRAŤASY for using the film for festival purposes.
11. The high-quality content and the visual of the film will be the main criteriums in selection process. The promised attendance of author or people who had taken part in production will be taken to consideration as positive aspect in case of indefinite evaluation in selection process.
12. With the decision of registration author agrees with all terms of conditions of the festival.