The Fayetteville Film Fest is in its tenth year, attracting filmmakers and audiences from all over the world. We offer a wide variety of categories, reasonable fees and an experienced staff to manage your submission and help you have a great time at the Festival, Sep 20-22, 2018 in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Fayetteville Film Fest is a cultural leader in our region, bringing world class film to our state, developing meaningful relationships with filmmakers, and nurturing the art of filmmaking by uniting a community of creators and supporters.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Fayetteville Film Fest is committed to expanding and supporting our filmmaker relationships and sister festivals throughout the state. We strive to establish a unique personality and we want our festival audience to have a memorable experience.
The Fayetteville Film Fest is also an advocate for films and filmmakers as they enter the marketplace. In our ninth year, we are a established festival with market potential. There will be workshops, panels and other events to compliment the screenings of our films, as well as numerous networking opportunities.
Fayetteville, Arkansas, a highly artistic community, is home to the University of Arkansas and next to the headquarters of the largest retailer in the world including the largest distributor of DVD’s. We're consistently in the top 100 FilmFreeway Festivals based on filmmaker feedback.
Winners will be conferred in the following categories:
Best of Fest
Best Arkansas Connection
Best Narrative Feature
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Winners may be conferred in the following categories:
Best Animated Film
Best Foreign Film
Best Music Video
Best Virtual Reality Film
All winners will receive laurels. Winners who are in attendance at the festival will receive a physical award.
1) Films that are in competition cannot have been completed before June 30, 2017.
2) Films that are in competition cannot have been or scheduled to be publicly available on any streaming platform or in wide public release in any format. Films with US distribution obtained prior to being selected for FFF screening are ineligible for competition, but may be considered for special screening.
3) All films submitted are subject to use for marketing purposes during and after the festival, in part or in its entirety, unless you request to opt-out.
4) FFF reserves the right to utilize any submitted material from this year's festival to promote future events produced by FFF. Short films that are selected for inclusion in the festival are required to provide a high resolution still for marketing purposes. Feature length films that are selected for inclusion in the festival are required to provide a full press kit including stills, a trailer and a high resolution poster promoting the film.
5) FFF does not pay rental or screening fees.
6) Films may be screened more than once during the Festival and at the Festival's discretion for future Fayetteville Film Fest events.
7) FFF reserves the right to change the category of any submission, to balance the program and give filmmakers the best chance of recognition for their work.
8) FFF only waives submission fees in extreme situations. We have tried to keep the submission fees low, but feel that waiving fees favors certain filmmakers over others. Please only request a fee waiver if your situation warrants extraordinary consideration.
9) FFF Board Members with films for competition cannot serve on either the Jury or Programming committee.
10) FFF screens films as downloadable digital files (such as .mov) during the festival. If your film MUST be screened as a Blu Ray, it is the filmmakers responsibility to ship TWO copies of the Blue Ray discs in container that is clearly labeled with the title, filmmaker’s name, phone number and email and FFF ID number. Please check your disc to make sure it plays in its entirety on consumer Blu Ray players. Screening discs will not be returned unless a return envelope with sufficient postage is provided. If accepted to the Fest, a press kit is highly recommended. We will communicate any problems with submissions, but the festival will not be held responsible for any technical failures that prevent your film from being judged.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) Films must be the original work of the applicant. If the film is based on another person's life, book or other underlying work, the applicant is solely responsible for ensuring rights and agreements for usage. FFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
2) Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions from third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights. FFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3) By your signature you represent and warrant that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the regulations of the festival as described herein, and that to the best of your knowledge all statements are true. You represent and warrant that you have sufficient right, title and interest to convey the rights granted to the Festival herein, and you have not previously conveyed any rights or entered into any licenses that conflict with the rights conveyed herein. You represent and warrant that to the best of your knowledge, information and belief, your film does not infringe any copyrights or other proprietary rights of third parties, that the film is not the subject of any notice of infringement(s), and that the film is not the subject of any license or arrangement between you and any third party that would have an effect on your rights to exercise rights of copyright as set forth in this submission.