The Screenwriters Capital is based in Greater Sacramento. We are looking for talented screenwriters near and far to help great aspiring writers realize their dreams. The Fall Feature competition is only accepting feature-length scripts (70-120 pages). We look forward to reading your scripts and wish you luck!
Awards will be given in the following feature film categories:
All entries that include a logline with their submission will receive free promotion via publication on The Screenwriters Capital website.
The top 3 overall winners will receive an InkTip prize package, which includes one (1) InkTip script listing and one (1) InkTip magazine listing! InkTip is where producers go for scripts and writers. Producers have made more than 200 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
Certificates of award and a free script entry for our 2017 Fall Feature Script Competition will be given to each category winner. Prize and sponsor giveaways may also be given depending on the number of submissions.
1. The Screenwriters Capital script competition categories are open to both United States and International applicants.
2. All entries must be written in the English language.
3. All entries must be properly formatted to industry standards.
4. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
5. The title page of script entries must include contact information including name, email address, and phone number if possible.
6. Registration of the script (i.e. WGA) is recommended but not required.
7. Entries must be from the author of the submitted material and has the full right and authorization to submit the material.
8. Entries must be the author’s original material; no adaptations.
9. Feature Screenplay Submissions need to be between 70 and 120 pages.
10. Winners will be notified and announced on the website by November 1, 2016.
11. Materials entered/mailed will not be returned; however, applicants always retain the rights to their work.
12. All decisions made by The Screenwriters Capital are final and at their discretion.
13. All ages are welcomed to enter.
14. Entries must be unproduced.