Short Film Night at the Peckhamplex cinema, London.
We organise seasonal screenings throughout the year at the Peckhamplex cinema.
We are looking for short films for our upcoming screening:
Monday 29th May - Murder stories
Monday 5th August - Films for kids & family
Monday 18th November - animals & insects
**We are also looking for short films with or on the theme of animals - date of screening tbc**
** We also have a short film script competition** Please read further below for selection process.
If your short film is selected :
Phase 1 - the first batch of short films selected will win the chance to be broadcasted on Fabulosis Films VOD platform. https://vimeo.com/fabulosisfilms/vod_pages
NB: SHORT FILMS "SELECTED" MEANS THAT YOUR FILM IS BEING CONSIDERED FOR AN OFFICIAL SELECTION BY OUR PROGRAMMING TEAM** This doesn't guarantee a screening, however your film will be on our books for potential screenings throughout the year.
Phase 2 - 5 x SEMI FINALISTS short films will be selected and win the fantastic opportunity of being screened at the Peckhamplex cinema in London
Phase 3 - The winner wins the chance of having his short film being distributed by Fabulosis Films Distribution, hence distributed to international TV Channels.
This is a unique opportunity for film-makers to get their content shown to professionals and properly distributed.
Films directed by women or made with female HoD's (Head's of Departments) are highly encouraged to participate. We do also accept male directed short films. All films must have something that relates to women, female driven or that could interest a female audience.
Feel free to contact us if you have any queries :: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHORT FILM SCRIPT COMPETITION
All short film scripts will be marked as "SELECTED" as they will all be read by industry professionals.
Scripts are passed on to readers who will judge if your script can be OFFICIALLY SELECTED and therefore be part of the SEMI FINALISTS.
SEMI FINALISTS short film scripts will receive script reports and suggestions as to which directors or producers they should be passed on to.
FINALIST - Fabulosis Team will read the scripts & script reports and select a WINNER. The winner will have their script sent to appropriate directors & producers.
The short film script competition is ongoing, and the Semi Finalists will be announced in July 2019 and the FINALIST will be announced in August 2019
The first batch of short films selected will win the opportunity of being broadcasted on Fabulosis Films VOD channel :: https://vimeo.com/fabulosisfilms.
A professional jury will select the best short films among this first selection, which will then be screened at the Peckhamplex cinema.
The winner wins the chance to be professionally represented by Fabulosis Films who will distribute the short film and present it to worldwide TV channels professionals.
SHORT FILM SCRIPT COMPETITION
Semi-Finalists short film scripts will receive a script report. The WINNER will have their script sent to appropriate directors or producers.
1. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via the participating submission platform FilmFreeway with a password-protected streaming URL.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Fabulosis Festival is not responsible for the streaming quality of online screeners.
4. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival immediately with that change so we may update your record.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in the film, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Fabulosis Film Fest expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, THE APPLICANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by Fabulosis Film Fest. in connection with the dispute.
3. You MUST include your physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
Selected Films and Winners
1. Fabulosis Film Fest. has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: identities of screeners or judges notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or details regarding the submission review or selection process. All information regarding the rating process is through the FilmFreeway rating system provided by FilmFreeway
2. Winners will be announced on April 30th 2018. The judges’ decision is final.
3. Official selections will be announced prior to April 1st 2018