Rasnov Film and Histories Festival is calling for history-related documentary film submissions!
19 - 28 August 2022, 14th edition
10 days in Rasnov Citadel, by the end of August.
No red carpet, no fancy requirements, no hysteria, no breaking news.
So that you can understand what is happening to you.
Relevant topics, smart movies, charismatic lecturers, intelligent audience, memorable debates. Sophisticated concerts in venerable buildings, exhilarating musical happenings resounding in the Carpathian nights atmosphere, exhibitions, book stands.
The Festival started in 2009. It emerged from the desire of valuing an important chapter of local and worldwide cinematography and from the necessity of bringing to public debate those topics with an impact able to overcome the daily transience.
An event during which histories and movies give birth to thoughts and passions, provide information and create feelings, raise questions and argue possible answers. A relaxing and vivid happening, which mixes in an attractive manner the indispensable academic rigor and the compulsory sense of humor. This way, a rather unique event for the Romanian cultural market was born! An event able to raise thoughts and stir passions, to provide information and generate emotions, to rask questions and search for answers.
The 14th edition of FFIR will take place between 19 and 28 August 2022 in Rasnov (Romania).
FFIR is Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe certified.
A taste of FFIR: https://youtu.be/l3eAsmqYroI
All subjects related to history are considered!
The festival competitive section, inaugurated at FFIR 2018, awards the following prizes: ‘Best Documentary’, ‘Audience Prize’, ‘Young Jury Prize’.
French film-maker, Pierre Henri Deleau, General Delegate of the International Historical Film Festival of Pessac, will chair the professionals jury.
ELIGIBILITY AND WARRANTIES
1. Films produced prior to January 2020 are not eligible.
2. We are looking for feature length documentaries (minimum 40 minutes).
3. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
4. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at ‘live’ Festival events other than theatrical screening.
5. Successful entries may be used for private press screenings prior to the festival.
6. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles, or with supplementary printed translations, will be automatically disqualified.
7. Use of the on-line Entry Form assumes acceptance of the FFIR Entry Regulations.
8. The deadline for submissions is June 12th, 2022
1. Films are selected for public presentation as part of the FFIR ‘Official Selection’.
2. If a film is selected for screening, the Festival office will contact the entrant by e-mail.
3. All films selected will be made available for viewing. All timings, date and venue details will be made by the Festival. All decisions are final.
4. For publicity purposes, entries selected will be required to supply at least 3 jpegs from the film, at least 1 photograph of the film’s director(s), a full synopsis and production credits and, a trailer if available. The FFIR will view all publicity material but is under no obligation to use it.
5. The FFIR coordinators will contact all successful entrants with a Screening Agreement and delivery schedule.
1. Only completed entries will be processed and considered for screening. Rough cut version are accepted only if the final version will be delivered until August 1st, 2022.
2. Entry details can be submitted on-line. A new Entry Form must be completed for each film submitted.
3. In case of difficulty using the on-line Entry Form, please contact the Festival at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Entrant’s name and Entry Ref. No, must be stated on all correspondence.
5. Films can be delivered for review on-line via Vimeo, Daily Motion or via any other on-line linkIn. Films can also be uploaded to any file sharing app.
6. The final selection will be published on the festival website by June 30, 2022. The right-holders of the films selected agree to the screening of the film free of charge.
NO entry fees are required for submission until May 15th, 2022.
A fee of 20 euro will be required for entries submitted from May 16th to June 12th, 2022.
FILMS BY INVITATION
The FFIR reserves the right to include in the final program films that are at the Festival by invitation.
The Festival invites the author(s) of the films or a delegate from the part of the director/producer to be present for the official screening. Accommodation and meals are offered by the organizers.
Submission regulations for FFIR are subject to change. The FFIR reserves the right to rule on all issues not expressly covered by these regulations.