Euregion Film Festival offers you a multiday festival experience with the best films from all over the world, an award show, workshops, seminars and more.
ALL SUBMITTERS WILL RECEIVE A FREE PASSE-PARTOUT FOR THE FESTIVAL.*
Every year, a multiday festival program will be presented. This program contains selections of films from all over the world, workshops, seminars, meeting corners, an award show and more. If your film is selected, you are automatically in the running for several prizes during the festival.
For the Euregion Shorts on Tour program, every three months an event will be organized in a different city in the Meuse-Rhine Euregion in which the best and most remarkable films from the Meuse-Rhine Euregion will be screened. Each event, an experienced professional will be invited to share his or her knowledge.
Euregion Film Festival aims to connect professionals, filmmakers and the public in an international context in the unique Crossborder region of the Netherlands: the province of Limburg.
NEW FROM 2017 ON
From 2017 on we also will have an online competition. Please note that your film only will be considered for this online festival if it is submitted via the category 'online competition'. In all the other cases, your submission will only be considered for our live festival. Do you wish to be considered for as well as the live festival as for the online festival, you have to submit your film in both categories separately. We will never publish your work online, unless it is submitted in the 'online competition' category.
* All submitters, except of online category. With the passe-partout you have acces to the complete festival program, including selected workshops, talks and seminars.
Films in all selections (except online competition):
EFF Award for Best Film
Audience Award for Best Film
Special Jury Prize (optional)
Extra Award for films in the Euregion Shorts competition:
ESFF Award for Best Euregional Short Film
Only for films in the online competition:
ESFF Online Award for Best Film (Audience Choice)
We will never publish your work online, unless it is submitted in the 'online competition' category.
1. Films must be completed after 1 January, 2012.
2. The maximum running time for shorts is 25 minutes (including credits), for features minimum length is 25 minutes.
3. Films in every genre can be submitted (e.d. fiction, documentary, animation, experimental and more).
4. For Euregion Shorts competition only: the origin of the film must be (geographical) Euregion Meuse-Rhine* or the director, writer or producer is from the Euregion Meuse-Rhine. If your film matches this criterium, please send in in this category. Films and filmmakers from other regions/countries please pick the category that fits the best.
5. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles or dubbed in English. Preferably, also English spoken films contain English subtitles. When selected for the festival it is obliged to have English subtitles available.
6. Submissions only via FilmFreeway.com, with online screeners.
7. For the viewings at the festival digital files are allowed. We will contact you about this when your film is selected.
8. By submitting your film, you automatically accept the regulations of the festival.
9. E-mails with questions regarding waiving the submission fee will not be answered. We respect your work, please also respect ours.
10. Your film will never be shown online, unless you explicitly submit for our online competition. In all other cases your submission will only be considered for our live festival.
11. For full regulations and requirements please visit www.euregionshorts.eu.
* The Meuse–Rhine Euregion contains: Limburg (Netherlands), Limburg (Belgium), Province of Liège (Belgium), Deutsch Sprachige Gemeinschaft (Belgium), Region Aachen, Cologne and Düsseldorf (Germany).