Euregion Film Festival offers you a multiday festival experience with the best films from all over the world, an award show, workshops, seminars and more.
Every year, a multiday festival program will be presented. This program contains selections of films from all over the world, workshops, seminars, meeting corners, an award show and more. If your film is selected, you are automatically in the running for several prizes during the festival (up to $3500 cash).
Euregion Film Festival aims to connect professionals, filmmakers and the public in an international context in the unique Crossborder region of the Netherlands: the province of Limburg, surrounded by Belgium and Germany and close to Luxembourg and France.
Films in all selections:
- EFF Award for Best Film (€250)
- EFF Award for Best Euregional Film (€250)
- Special Jury Prize
- Youth Jury Award
- €2.000 in cash for your next production (everyone can submit to pitch, also filmmakers who don't have a film in selection of the festival, check www.cinesud.nl)
All selected filmmakers will get two passe-partouts for the complete festival and we cover transportation costs to a maximum per selected film (in 2020: €100).
1. Films must be completed after 1 January, 2017.
2. The maximum running time for shorts is 25 minutes (including credits).
3. Films in every genre can be submitted (e.d. fiction, documentary, animation, experimental and more).
4. For Euregion Shorts competition only: the origin of the film must be (geographical) Euregion Meuse-Rhine* or the director, writer or producer is from the Euregion Meuse-Rhine. If your film matches this criterium, please send in in this category. Films and filmmakers from other regions/countries please pick the category that fits the best.
5. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles. Preferably, also English spoken films contain English subtitles. When selected for the festival it is obliged to have English subtitles available.
6. Submissions only via FilmFreeway.com, with online screeners.
7. For the viewings at the festival digital files are allowed. We will contact you about this when your film is selected.
* The Meuse–Rhine Euregion contains: Limburg (Netherlands), Limburg (Belgium), Province of Liège (Belgium), Deutsch Sprachige Gemeinschaft (Belgium), Region Aachen, Cologne and Düsseldorf (Germany).