"Nurturing talent and giving promising cinematographers the exposure they need to succeed in the Motion Picture Industry is at the heart of ICG's annual Emerging Cinematographer Awards." - Steven Poster, ASC
ICG's Emerging Cinematographer Awards is opportunity for members of ICG Local 600 who are in good standing to present themselves as a Director of Photography by entering a short film for consideration to be one of the top 8-10 selected Honorees. Members who already classified in the union as a Director of Photography cannot apply.
Submissions are viewed through a diverse panel of judges primarily comprised of Cinematographers and members of ICG, Local 600. The selected films will be selected by our judges and showcased to members of the entertainment community at the premiere event in Los Angeles every September, at the prestigious Directors Guild Theater. Shortly after the premiere event in Los Angeles, ICG also hosts three more events in New York City, Atlanta, and Chicago. Every November, the films receive international exposure at Camerimage in Poland, the largest cinematography film festival in the world.
Being an ECA Honoree comes with many valuable benefits that help our members accelerate their careers. These benefits provide opportunity, and exposure. Through our media partners, we promote the events throughout the country, and internationally. Additionally, we utilize ICG's internal communications such as; ICG Magazine, the ECA website, ICG's website, ICG's newsletter, and social media. Honorees will also enjoy the benefit of attending an exclusive round table discussion with Agents from well known talent agencies.
Custom and hand crafted awards signed by the artist are presented at the premiere event in Los Angeles, where Honorees win generous prizes donated by the ECA sponsors, who have been a key partner in helping the ECA thrive and become what it is today.
• MEMBERS of ICG, LOCAL 600 ONLY can make application on FilmFreeway. The submitter on FilmFreeway must be the Director of Photography on the film, and he/she must be identifiable as a member of Local 600. Local 600 verifies each entrant to confirm membership. If the submitter cannot be identified as a member of Local 600, the film will be disqualified.
• Entrant must be an active member in good standing with Local 600. Member status will be verified.
• Entrant must not be classified as a Director of Photography with Local 600, or worked enough days to rerate to Director of Photography.
• Films submitted must be no longer than 30 (thirty) minutes in length (including credits).
• Entrant must have served as the Director of Photography on the majority of the short film.
• Films must be a stand-alone piece and not part of a bigger project.
• One (1) film submission per ICG member is allowed.
• All online information must be completed in its entirety. Missing information may result in disqualification.
• There is a 2X winner maximum. Entrants who have been an Honoree twice do not qualify. Anyone previously recognized as Honorable Mention will qualify provided Honoree status has not reached the 2X maximum.
• Submissions must be completed and uploaded by 11:59 PM (PST) Wednesday, February 14, 2018. We recommend an upload start time by 11:00 PM (PST) to meet the deadline.
***Failure to meet any of the above entry requirements will result in disqualification***