The El Dorado Film Festival is turning 5 and we are excited to see what this year has in store! Our festival will take place August 2nd-5th this year... Bring on the shorts and features!
Filmmaker Kim Swink said of her experience: "In the past 18 months, I've been to more film festivals, large and small, than I can recall without looking back at my datebook; and they have, almost without exception, been amazing and rewarding; but I can honestly say, regardless of size or location, that the El Dorado Film Festival was special...magical."
The El Dorado Film Festival was founded as part of the South Arkansas Arts Centers' 50th anniversary and we strive to bring the best in independent cinema to our local audiences, featuring a wide range of genres, lengths, and subject matter.
Keeping with tradition, if you are a filmmaker accepted to the 5th annual El Dorado Film Festival and have any work-in-progress projects, we encourage you to bring them with you for a secretive after-the-awards-ceremony screening with the most encouraging audience you could ask for.
We love watching films, and we cannot wait to see your hard work!
Best of Fest - $1,000
Best Comedic Short - $250
Best Narrative Short - $250
Best Arkansas Made Short - $250
Best Student Made Film - $250
Best Feature Film - $250
Best Sound Design
Road to El Dorado Award for Best International Film
- All entries must be postmarked by the deadline date.
- Acceptable formats for submission: DVD & BluRay, Online Submissions are preferred
- All films that are not in English must have English language subtitles.
- Each entry must be a separate submission which includes form and payment for each submission.
- Only submissions with completed entry forms and entry fee will be accepted.
- If selected, a DCP version of your film must be sent to the El Dorado Film Festival for screening along with a backup Blu Ray or DVD copy.
- Short films must be 30 minutes or less
- Releases for music and talent must be obtained by the filmmaker. The El Dorado Film Festival is not liable for copyright infringement or unauthorized use.
- If you submit your film to the "Made in Arkansas" category and your film was not made in Arkansas, you will be immediately disqualified.
- If your film has been selected to be screened at the festival we will request you send a press kit to include: stills, posters, postcards, a file/link of the trailer, and other publicity materials to maximize exposure for your film. These materials will not be returned.
- The El Dorado Film Festival does not assume any liability for damage to films, videos, or publicity materials.