ENFOQUE is annual Film Festival that is established with the purpose of showing inspiring films that will contribute and change people’s life’s thru the power of cinematography. Honoring a wide variety of cinema and awarding storytellers from around the globe… We present some of the greatest new feature films and short films by emerging filmmakers to be recognize by a series of Jury and Audience Awards. The films we select and exhibit – whether they inspire, uplift, educate, transform and inform, or have the ability to shift audiences’ perspectives on the world – all have one thing in common: they are entertaining films that do more than just entertain. We present films that promote values, family and social interest subjects.
Hosted in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico surrounded by historical buildings and beautiful beaches. The festive city of Mayaguez is the perfect place to experience true Puerto Rican culture. Puerto Rico lives up to its nickname, the Island of Enchantment. With lush rain forests, dazzling beaches and shimmering city, Puerto Rico has something for everyone. Dive through coral reefs, trek through jungles to spy rare birds and plants, surf Caribbean waves, or simply sprawl on the sand and sunbathe.
ENFOQUE is the place to be!!!
and many more prizes...
ENFOQUE International Film Festival
FILM SUBMISSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (the terms) govern the submission of a film (the film) for the ENFOQUE International Film Festival (ENFOQUE) (the festival), for consideration for this edition. To the extent that this document is inconsistent with any other document prepared by ENFOQUE or anyone else, this document will take precedence. Any questions about these Terms should be emailed email@example.com
• By submitting a Film to ENFOQUE for Festival consideration, the submitter (the Applicant) represents that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film whose consent is required to submit the film to ENFOQUE (the “Film Owners”), and has read, understood and agreed to the Terms.
• ENFOQUE may disqualify or reject, but is not required to do so, any submission that it determines in its sole discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with these Terms.
• Films submitted for Festival consideration under these Terms must be submitted in one of the categories set out below.
ENFOQUE National Film Competition – 70 minutes or longer not including closing credits.
ENFOQUE International Film Competition – 70 minutes or longer not including closing credits.
ENFOQUE National Documentary Competition – 70 minutes or longer not including closing credits.
ENFOQUE International Documentary Competition – 70 minutes or longer not including closing credits.
ENFOQUE National Short Film Competition – 30 minutes or less, including closing credits.
ENFOQUE International Short Film Competition – 30 minutes or less, including closing credits.
To participate in the ENFOQUE Short Film Competition, it is essential to know and comply with the following requirements:
• The competition is open to new students, amateur or professional that are involved in audiovisual works of short duration.
• Short Films of any nationality and filmmakers from any part of the world can be presented.
• The number of short films that the participants can present is unlimited.
• The official language of the competition is Spanish. The short films in another language must have subtitles in Spanish for compulsory and optional subtitles in English.
• The duration should not exceed 30 minutes, including credits.
• Short films submitted in digital format exclusively, regardless of the format in which they were made.
• Short films must have been made no older than 18 months before of the opening night of this edition.
• The films must be unpublished and have not participated in any other festival or event held in the Dominican Republic prior to the date of selection for presentation in the ENFOQUE. In other case the films will be invalidated to competition
• A selection committee, designated by the ENFOQUE, will be in charge of choosing the 15 finalists.
• The finalists will be announced 2 months before of the opening night of this edition through our website (www.enfoquefilm.com).
• The selected short films will be publicly screened during the Festival, according to the schedule determined by the organization of the event.
• A jury composed of national and international film professionals will be responsible for the selection of winning films.
• Participants expressly give the organization the rights of public communication of the short film or fragments of it by any means and in any format. These rights will be exclusively for promotional purposes of the festival, and in no case will be for profit.
• The owners of the winning short films give to the ENFOQUE the rights of reproduction for the edition of a DVD with exclusively participative character in some festivals and promotional.
• Participants state that they have paid the corresponding copyright fees for the script, images, music and / or any non-original audiovisual material subject to intellectual property contained in the short film.
• The ENFOQUE does not assume responsibility for the non-compliance in all matters related to copyright by the contestants.
• The representatives of the short films that have been awarded, commit themselves to mention this prize in all advertising and press material, using the logo of the ENFOQUE International Film Festival.
• Participating in this competition implies the total acceptance of the competition rules.
• All short films that arrive directly to festival offices will not be accepted, without exception.
• ENFOQUE expects all Films that it presents at the Festival to be, at minimum, Puerto Rico premieres, but reserves the right to present films that are not.
• A Film will Not Be eligible for consideration and should not be submitted if the film was completed prior to 18 months before of the opening night of this edition, or the film was previously submitted to ENFOQUE for Festival consideration.
• To submit a film for Festival consideration, an Applicant must:
Complete the registration process.
Provide ENFOQUE with an ONLINE screen link for review by ENFOQUE programming staff. ENFOQUE Does Not accept submissions in any other manner or format, including: content burned to Read/Write (RW) discs, Blu-ray discs or trailers.
• ENFOQUE will consider for inclusion in the Festival all eligible films that have been submitted by 4 months before of the opening night of this edition and in accordance with these Terms.
• ENFOQUE reserves the right to consider for inclusion in the Festival, and include in the Festival, films received at any time and through any means, channel or process, including means, channels or processes other than those outlined in these Terms.
• Nothing in these Terms or otherwise requires ENFOQUE to select for Festival inclusion any of the films submitted through the process outlined in these Terms.
• All selection decisions are at the sole and absolute discretion of ENFOQUE, and are final and unreviewable.
• ENFOQUE is Not required to provide any feedback, comments or reasons, or any other information, regarding the selection or non-selection of any submitted Film or the process by which Films are or have been selected.
• ENFOQUE is not responsible or liable for its selection decisions; for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding the film that are or may be obtained from the Applicant or anyone else; for any communications by any representative of ENFOQUE relating to the film or the Festival selection process.
• ENFOQUE will notify 2 months before of the opening night of this edition all Applicants who have been selected to participate in the Festival.
• All Applicants who are Not selected to participate in the Festival will be contacted by email 2 months before of the opening night of this edition.
• ENFOQUE will contact Applicants using the contact information provided in the registration form.
• Applicants are responsible to provide correct and functional contact information. ENFOQUE is Not responsible for any failed attempts to contact Applicants using the contact information provided.
• The Film must be available to the ENFOQUE No later than 15 days before of the opening night of this edition.
• ENFOQUE only allow for projection MP4, MOV or DCP.
• By submitting the film to ENFOQUE, the Applicant and Film Owners (the “Submitting Parties”) hereby warrant and represent that:
The film is wholly original and is not copied from and does Not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection, unless such work is in the public domain or the Submitting Parties have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses, and other authorizations or waivers of any kind necessary for the inclusion or reproduction of any person, character, location, thing, trademark, sound recording, musical composition or other work in the film.
The film does Not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person.
The film is Not the subject of litigation.
There are No agreements, nor will there be any agreements made subsequent to the date of this Film submission that would or could have the effect of impairing the Submitting Parties’ ability to provide the film as contemplated herein, or otherwise conflict with any provision of these Terms.
The Submitting Parties have the full right, power and authority to submit the film to ENFOQUE for Festival consideration, and to grant all of the rights granted hereunder and in the registration form, and there is no obligation or disability which would in any way impair, restrict or impede the Submitting Parties from fully performing all obligations pursuant to the submission and these Terms.
The Submitting Parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless ENFOQUE, its licensees, successors and assigns, and its and their members, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, associates and affiliates each, a “Release”, from any claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against a Release and from any losses, costs, or damages, including the Releases full legal costs, which it may have suffered or incurred or may suffer or incur, directly or indirectly based on, in connection with, or arising from the use and exhibition of the film submitted by the Applicant or the breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty or other agreement made by the Applicant in these Terms, or in the Applicant’s registration form.
• ENFOQUE takes all reasonable anti-piracy precautions.
While in ENFOQUE’s possession, all Films are securely stored and regularly inventoried.
Access to Films is limited to ENFOQUE staff that requires access in order to screen and consider submissions.
No duplication and loaning of Films are permitted.
By submitting a Film to ENFOQUE, the Submitting Parties hereby release ENFOQUE from any and all liability in the event of theft, unauthorized access or copying, or any breach of copyright of the submitted Film while it is in ENFOQUE’s possession.
The awards ceremony will take place on the ENFOQUE’s closing night of this edition. As recognition, the winners will get statuettes and cash prizes. The amount of the prizes will be announced on the opening night of this edition.
The submitted process will be made ONLY through the platform www.filmfreeway.com.
• For more information:
Instagram: @ enfoquefest
• ENFOQUE reserves the right to rule, in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms.