The short film festival at Durgapur was started by Solis Institute of Acting & Arts – Durgapur under the ownership of Debolina Modak Sadhu and Tiyasha Movies – Kolkata under the ownership of Kajari Modak. The 1st festival was initially organised in 2016 and was named as “Solis Short Film Festival – Durgapur”. For the last two consecutive years, this event has gathered a huge popularity among the people of Durgapur, Kolkata & various parts of West Bengal & outside. In the 1st festival, total 25-30 numbers of short films were screened in the presence of expert judges from Theatre & Film Industry. In 2nd Short Film Festival – 2017, the event could gathered 45-50 numbers of finely worked short films under various cadres. In that festival, we were blessed by the presence of legendary actor Mr. Chinmay Roy and we had the opportunity to honour him with “Life Time Achievement Award”.
3rd Film Festival was enriched with more than 100 short films in various cadres.
The legendary actor of Tollywood Mr. Biplab Chatterjee was honoured with Life Time Achievement Award.
4th Festival conducted in Jan 2019 gathered more than 130 entries from various parts of the country and few came from outside India. Top 35 entries have been screened in the presence of expert Juries.
We will be organizing this festival for the 5th time in Apr-2020 in a more a gigantic way in Kolkata.
1. Best Film - Winner (Cash Prize : INR 12, 000/-)
2. Best Film - 1st Runner Up (Cash Prize : INR 10, 000/-)
3. Best Film - 2nd Runner Up (Cash Prize : INR 8, 000/-)
4. Best Director
5. Best DOP
6. Best Editor
7. Best Music
8. Best Actor - Male
9. Best Actor - Female
RULES AND TERMS:
1) Film Duration: 1 min to 30 min
2) Language: Can be in any language but must have English Subtitles (Embedded)
3) Submission/Screening Format: MP4 on DVD
4) One can send more than one entries but each entry should be submitted in a separate envelope with separate entry fee.
5) The short film submitted in any of the last three DISFF is not eligible for re-submission.
6) The Festival committee has the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
7) Only the Directors/Producers of the Selected Films will be notified. List of Selected Films and Winners will be published on our official portal & web site.
8) Decision of the Jury regarding film selection will be final. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Cash Prizes, Mementos & Certificates will be awarded to the Top Three Films selected by the panel of highly experienced judges. The other Awardees will only receive Mementos & Certificates. A Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the selected short films.
Submit your film with following materials by post or in person at our collection centres.
Check List for Submission:
# Two DVDs of the Film with MP4 film file (Write Film’s and Director’s names on it clearly)
# One A4 size Colour Poster
# Synopsis in English (150 Words)
# Cast & Crew Details
# Director's Bio Data with 2 passport size photos & 1 copy of ID Card (Voter, Aadhar, PAN, Master etc.)
# Submission Fees – Cash (if submitted in person) or Online Transfer ID/Screen Shot (if submitted by post)
# Director/Producer contact details
Online Fee Submission:
A/c Name- Kajari Modak
A/c No- 20014022066
Bank- State Bank of India
Branch- Tollygange New Theatres Branch
Branch Code- 5680
IFS code - SBIN0005680
TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS :
Tiyasha Movies, 111, Bansdroni Govt. Colony, Kolkata - 700070,
Phone : +91 8697072661/8017713055
FOR SUBMISSION THRU MAIL (PL. INCLUDE PAYMENT RECEIPT) :