Documentary Cinema Grand Prix (DCGP) is a festival and award event. Its goal is to promote excellent documentaries for the growth of film industry.
We accept feature and short documentaries. Juries consist of professionals in relates to film industry will judge the quality of each submission carefully. Films made with passion, excellent composition quality, heart-moving music, striking and outstanding images, and heart-tickling stories are qualities we are looking for and will stand out among others.
Students and newcomers are encouraged to participate in the festival to boost their reputation.
Awards are given based on categories of submissions and selections.
During the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia, overall winner will receive a winning statue. On that day, the festival will also give physical awards to the attending winner.
All Applicants MUST fully agree to comply with the following requirements before submitting to Documentary Cinema Grand Prix (the Festival):
1. Submitter are at the age of 18 or above as at the deadline of submitting the application.
2. Submitter are legally eligible to submit the work/s. Submitter must have all rights secured before submitting.
3. All filmmakers must have explicit permission to use any copyrighted material in the works submitted.
4. The competition is open for all. Students and newcomers are encouraged to submit.
5. All films must be in English, or dubbed in English, or with subtitles.
6. There is no limit date regarding completion date.
7. There are no premiere or prior screening restrictions. Works that have been publicly exhibited, distributed, entered or have won prizes in other Festivals are eligible to enter the Festival.
8. Works-in-progress are not accepted.
9. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
AWARDS & CEREMONY
10. Documentary Cinema Grand Prix will e-mail the submitter when their works are selected on 15th June.
11. Awards are given based on categories of submissions and selections.
12. Documentary Cinema Grand Prix is scheduled to have its Awards Ceremony in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The Festival will email the Nominees directly about the location.
13. Copyrights will remain with the filmmakers; however by the entry for selection the owner irrevocably licenses Documentary Cinema Grand Prix, right to publish the works or arrange publication through third parties in any form or media to promote the Festival in all territories now and in perpetuity. It will be managed as part of the Cinema Grand Prix archive for publication.
14. The Festival Director has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
15. In the case of any dispute concerning the definition of the above eligibility, the interpretation of the Documentary Cinema Grand Prix Organizers shall be final and conclusive.