Diritto al Corto
Festival internazionale del cortometraggio socio-giuridico
The “Roma Tre” University Department of Law, with sponsorship of Consiglio regionale del Lazio presents the second edition of Diritto al Corto – Festival internazionale del cortometraggio socio-giuridico.
Diritto al Corto aims at promoting a discussion about topics that play a central role in the public debate and that imply a strong relationship with juridical, conceptual and linguistic instruments.
The Festival intends to create an original combination between film and law trough the shortfilm, traditionally relegated to the margins of distribution channels.
The third edition aspires to reinforce international focus of the Festival, consolidating the results already achieved and continuing the project of valorizing territory and art through the leading role of the “Roma Tre” University.
Awards & Prizes
- “Diritto al Corto 3 – Official Selection” winner: 1000 € and trophy
- “Diritto al Corto 3 – School Selection” winner: trophy
- Best Italian Short Film: trophy
- Best Foreign Short Film: trophy
- Special Jury Awards: trophy
- Special Student Award (Premio “30 e lode”): trophy
Rules & Terms
1. In case of registration through online platforms indicated in the competition announcement, only the selected short films will receive by e-mail the submission form.
The short films can be included in the official selection of Festival, only after filling, signing and returning the submission form.
2. In case of registration through postal service or e-mail, film must be sent exclusively in DVD PAL or DATA DVD , containing the files of the short films in mp4 or mov or avi format.
3. Regardless the way of registration, the Festival Organisation may request sending of short film in a different format.
The Festival Organisation can reject works without a satisfactory quality level for public projection.
4. The works in different language from Italian must have Italian or English subtitles.
For films in foreign languages with subtitles only in English, in case of selection is required a version of the short film without subtitles, together with English transcript in suitable format to the sync within the movie.
The Festival Organisation recommend to attach a transcript of the dialogues in Italian and / or in original language of short film.
Selected films will be screened with Italian subtitles, that the Organisation can prepare independently.
5. The Festival Organisation, according to the rules established for copyright, assumes that the works received are free of any artistic property right or any right belonging to a third party.
Authors must guarantee the Organisation from any legal action, which might be undertaken against it by legal claimants.
Festival Organisation shall not be considered responsible in case of dispute.
Authors are liable for the contents of their work and the diffusion of non-original copyrighted music and/or images.
6. Regarding the selection of the films submitted, the Director will be assisted by members of Festival Organisation.
Films presented to “Diritto al Corto 3” are chosen under the responsibility of the Director.
The Jury’s verdict is incontestable.
7. Selected short films, the Jury of cinema experts, the Festival’s program will be published on the website www.dirittoalcorto.it.
8. Subscription and participation to “Diritto al Corto 3” imply the acceptance of the present Regulation in all its parts.
9. Festival Director may take any further decision about topics not included in Competition Announcement and/or Regulation.
In case of controversy, the Judiciary Office of Rome is competent, according to the Italian version of this Regulation.