Organized by independent film production company Diamond in the Rough Films, our 3rd annual film festival wants to highlight the TRULY independent film. Even if it is "rough around the edges" or just plain out there. The filmmakers who scrape and sweat to put a good movie together against all odds. We want films that take risks, not hollow 4K mirages. If the names Cassavettes, Araki and Korine mean anything to you (and if they don't, then you should look them up on imdb immediately), then we might be the festival you're looking for.
Awards & Prizes
We will award laurels to all accepted films, (awards and prizes will be announced soon):
1. Best Feature Length Film (could be narrative or documentary)
2. Best Short Film (could be narrative or documentary)
3. Any other award we feel like giving.
Rules & Terms
We except films in the following categories:
Narrative Features - 60-90 minutes
Narrative Shorts - 30 min or less
Doc Features - 60-90 minutes
Doc Shorts - 30 min or less
1. No films depicting pornographic visuals or animal cruelty.
2. The person submitting to the festival claims ownership of video. The film festival will not be responsible for copyrighted, stolen, or uncredited works.
3. The film festival and film festival committee have the right to refuse and or decline any film submitted to the festival.
4. There is no limit on submissions but please make sure each submission is entered separately and films may have been completed at anytime.
5. All submissions must be submitted via FilmFreeway for viewing in online format only. We will not accept DVD's for the submission process. DVDs may be requested if your film is accepted.
6. San Jose Bay Area filmmakers are especially encouraged to apply.
7. Do not send any press material until notified.
8. All films must be made available in a downloadable file format.