Aaina has been engaged from 2011 in promoting disability issues through film festivals. DHWANI aims to create awareness about the situation of people with disabilities as well as to create opportunities for them through the creative industry in the future.
This year on the 9th edition ‘DHWANI’- A Special Film Fest, FICCI FLO is extending its support as a partner.
Calls for entries for Competition is open to anyone above 18 years of age - professionals, amateurs, students, advertising professionals and filmmakers on the theme of “CELEBRATING DIVERSITY & INCLUSION'' from across the globe.
The festival involves screening of films related to disability from across the world and all platforms as well panel discussions on varying themes highlighting disability issues.
This year the call for films is open to 3 categories – upto 1 minute, upto 5 minutes and upto 30 minutes.
The festival will be held in Bhubaneswar for two days. We will have a screening of films, panel discussions and an award ceremony with an expected footfall of more than 250 visitors per day from different backgrounds.
Cash prizes for each category
– ₹45000 / 500$ for 1st position
– ₹30000 / 350$ for 2nd position
– ₹20000 / 235$ for 3rd position
– ₹10000 / 100$ for Jury Choice
– ₹10000 / 100$ for Viewer's Choice
**Since the primary objective of the festival is to promote inclusion it is a mandate that in case the Protagonist / Main Role is played by a Person with Disability then 50% of the Prize money will be given to them.
The organisation shall have the final say on all issues pertaining to the festival. Decisions on the prizes awarded shall be final. Any dispute with regards to this will not be entertained by the organization.
Registration & Participation
1. Filmmakers must be 18 years of age during submission of films.
2. Film Entry fees are NOT REFUNDABLE once the film is accepted by the organizer.
3. Filmmaker(s) are allowed to submit maximum 2 films, however choice of category lies with them.
4. The attendance of the filmmakers at the Festival is not mandatory, but we would be happy to welcome all filmmakers during the screening and festival.
1. We are open to Films from any location
2. We welcome films in any language
2. SUBTITLES in ENGLISH are MANDATORY for all dialogues & captions since the audience will include those with hearing impairment and with different languages from various parts of the world.
1. Film selections for the festival will be done by a specially constituted Jury.
2. All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance via e-mail as soon as possible. If the ownership of a work is transferred to a successor after the selection has been made, the successor’s permission for the film to take part in the competition must be conveyed to the festival.
1. Since the primary objective of the festival is to promote inclusion it is a mandate that in case the Protagonist / Main Role is played by a Person with Disability then 50% of the Prize money will be given to them.