Tbilisi International Film Festival is partnering with Encounters Film Festival and Watershed, Bristol to organize DepicT! - a short film competition that will take place within the framework of the UK/Georgia: New Cultural Horizons 2019. The focus is on uncovering emerging Georgian filmmaking talent, which shows originality, imagination and the ability to engage in just a minute and a half.
The shortlisted DepicT! Georgia filmmakers, often in that crucial early stage in their career, are invited to the Tbilisi International Film Festival and offered a prime industry platform. The festival is a priceless opportunity for filmmakers to promote their work and make contact with a broad range of international industry professionals from distributors and producers to funding bodies and exhibitors, as well as other filmmakers.
- Fully Funded attendance at Encounters Film Festival (British Council)
- £500 Cash Prize (British Council)
- Payment of IELTS Exam Fee (British Council)
- Screening at Tbilisi International Film Festival
- Screening at BAFTA Qualifying Encounter Short Film & Animation Festival 2020
• Participants must be 18+
• The deadline for uploading entries on FilmFreeway is by 17:00hrs on Saturday August 31, 2019
• Film must be 90 second or under including titles and credits
• Film must be completed after September 2018
• Only films submitted online will be accepted
• The competition is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work.
• We do not accept advertisements
• The maximum number of entries per individual is ten.
• The primary contact completing the submission process must be a Georgian citizen authorized to submit the film (s) and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the film(s)
• The original language should be Georgian
• If your film (s) is/are shortlisted, you will be asked to send it in a higher resolution version
• Only Director (s) will be credited on the website and any other promotional material. In the case of shortlisted and/or winning co-directors, one prize may be granted at the discretion of the organisers.