Check out our festival review in the summer issue of MovieMaker Magazine (the one with Quentin Tarantino on the cover!) http://bit.ly/2kMuBFJ
The Deep in the Heart Film Festival is back!
Make us laugh! Make us cry! Make us scream!
If you have a great story, we want it at our festival.
NEW IN 2020:
- Music Videos submission category!
- We've moved to late summer/fall!
RETURNING IN 2020:
Film Locations Tour - Take a ride with us as we scout the best Waco locations! Check out Central Texas' varied and unique looks, see in person the sites that have made it to the big screen, and afterward fill up on some amazing Texas BBQ (our treat!). Free for all accepted and attending filmmakers!
Industry-Specific panels - For new and seasoned filmmakers of all stripes, these panels are designed to help improve your craft and business savvy. Free for all accepted and attending filmmakers!
We seek to showcase the best in independent film from Texas, the US and the world. We share great films in a theatrical venue, inspire filmmakers, create networking opportunities and show our guests some genuine Texas hospitality.
We proudly screen at the Waco Hippodrome, a former vaudeville theater that’s over a century old, but renovated with all modern touches. The Hippodrome is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places and has seen Elvis Presley and John Wayne enter it’s doors. Always a Waco tradition, the Hippodrome has been reborn as a central Texas destination - complete with recent renovations in seating, projection, and the addition of a full kitchen and bar.
BONUS! If you’re a fan of the HGTV show Fixer Upper, Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Market is located just steps away from the Hippodrome. Plus, Waco is the home of the Dr Pepper Museum and Balcones Distilling.
We are easily within driving distance of Austin, Dallas, San Antonio and Houston. It’s easy to see why this area is called the Heart of Texas.
Come on down, y’all. The stars at night are big and bright, Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Best Comedy Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Drama Short
Best Family Short
Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi Short
Best Horror Short
Best Music Video
Best Texas Short
Best US Short
Best Foreign Short
Best Screenplay - Short
Best Actor- Short
Best Actress - Short
Best Director - Short
Audience Award - Short
Best Short Film
Best Director - Feature
Audience Award - Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Feature Film
Do yourself a favor and read all the rules.
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival (DitHFF).
• In order for submissions to be considered for competition, a Waco Premiere is required.
• All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
• You do not talk about Fight Club.
• We have no premiere status requirements.
• Films must have been produced no earlier than August, 2015. Yes, that's a 5 year window.
• In accordance with the Deep in the Heart Film Festival policy, the submission fee is non-refundable.
• By submitting a film to DitHFF, you grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival permission to screen your film in a theatrical venue, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
• Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final exhibition film copy) will be considered. The Deep in the Heart Film Festival does not consider works in progress.
• The enemy's gate is down.
• Films which have screened on television or are available publicly on the internet are not eligible. (Password protected and private links are acceptable).
• We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept digital submissions ONLY. Unless requested, do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, press kits, dirty laundry or unruly children.
• The selected works will be exhibited in a theatrical venue via a digital file or on Blu-ray & DCP.
• Keep reading… there’s a promo code in here somewhere...
• All entries must either be in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
• If your film has been selected, you will have 14 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCEPTANCE. If we do not hear from you within 14 days of notification, your selection may be revoked.
• Your work will not be screened unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival.
You grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival the following:
• Permission to exhibit your film in a theatrical venue. Films must be available for screening during the festival (Fall 2020).
• Permission for photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Deep in the Heart Film Festival website and/or social media and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also must agree to allow DitHFF to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. DitHFF will never solicit or screen elements of your film outside the promotion of the DitHFF.
• We accept short film submissions of any genre/topic. (Run time is 39 minutes or less.)
• We accept feature film submissions of any genre/topic. (Run time is 40 minutes or more.)
• We also accept student made short film submissions of any genre/topic, created by college or high school students. (Run time is 29 minutes or less. School ID is required that matches the date your film was created.)
• We believe that the Game of Thrones finale was pretty disappointing. Come on, Dany & Jon Snow deserved better… and don’t get us started on Bran.
• Notification of selections will be made by July 16, 2020.
• The Deep in the Heart Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice. The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
• Sorry, but we cannot provide paid transportation or lodging for the event. Discounts may become available as the festival approaches.
• You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Entry fees will not be refunded.
• Entrants are highly encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival. Seriously, check out our past festivals and you'll see that it's worth it! http://www.deepintheheartff.com/past
• Entrants will receive TWO free passes to the film festival for the duration of the film festival.
• Entrants are responsible for all costs incurred to attend this festival.
• Our success depends on the quality of submissions, so we cannot offer full waivers. But since you were smart enough to read these rules, use the promo code IAMAREADER and you'll get a discount.
• Exceptions to these rules will not be made unless we make an exception.
• Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
For further questions and inquiries, please email email@example.com