Formerly known as The Dancing Spider Film Festival. This festival used to be an annual celebration where filmmakers from all over and audiences from largely rural areas in the South Dakota and Minnesota plains gather for two days to enjoy films from a variety of genres and formats at a drive-in. NOW this festival will do all of those things but more frequently - we're going monthly! We've partnered with Last Stop CD Shop and we will be showcasing a handful of selected films to our humble audience in Sioux Falls, SD once every month. None of the films are in competition with one another and they are largely created by filmmakers and students from the midwest region. The focus is to bring filmmakers and storytellers together with an audience to which they otherwise might not have access. This is so unique to our area and that's why we feel it's so important to introduce these stories and creative outlets to the rural communities. We all have stories to share and we all crave an audience for them. We are excited about this new phase of our existence and welcome your project to our 6th season with open arms.
We are not a competition festival but we do award attending filmmakers with homemade cookies and lots of local flavah.
The Festival will take place the last Thursday of every month beginning June 2021. We will select 2 hours of programming each month so if your project isn't selected one month it may be selected in a following month. It all depends on timing!
Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers submitting a film to the Nosebleeds (hereafter known as ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our”), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions
2. We accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to Nosebleeds Film Festival is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at the Nosebleeds Film Festival if it is selected.
4. We only accept films that have been produced during and after 2018
5. All submission fees are non refundable.
6. Please see Price Breakdown.
7. How to Submit
– Complete Your online registration form.. click here
– Pay relevant Submission fee via PayPal
– You will receive confirmation of Your successful registration
– Films must be submitted via online screener
Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
– Production credits and contact details
– 2 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
– A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. We reserve the right to alter this schedule and venue at any time for any reason. Nosebleeds does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
9. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote Nosebleeds events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
10. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of Nosebleeds and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
11. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to Nosebleeds and its curation and all related events.
12. You indemnify and hold harmless Nosebleeds from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
You MUST have authority to submit your film to us. The film must be submitted by Director/Producer.
By entering you give the Nosebleeds Film Festival authority to use your provided press materials to promote the festival.
Vimeo links are accepted and can be emailed to email@example.com
If you prefer to send a thumb drive/Disc please mail them to