Da Bounce Urban Film Festival is the Netherlands first urban (black) film festival. Due to covid regulations, DBUFF2020 has been postponed tot 4 to 7 March 2021.
With its variety in new releases, classics, narrative, features, shorts and documentaries, the events celebrates the cinematic diversity. DBUFF also organizes Q&A's, panel discussions, workshops and talent development.
This submission segment is specifically for novices filmmakers with medium or low budgets, film made by and/or about people of African descent (Urban), filmmaker needn’t be of African descent. However the lead actor/actress must be of African descent or a predominantly black cast. DBUFF offers a fantastic opportunity for undiscovered filmmakers from all over the globe to showcase their Short Urban Film/Documentary at “International DBUFF Talent Award”. Only Dutch citizens are eligible for an award & prizes. DBUFF has also an award for the best foreign film.
This year DBUFF also accepting Narrative Feature and Documentary Feature.
DBUFF offers a platform to initiatives that stimulate the landscape of urban (black) film. We build bridges, stimulate growth and offer insights into the great potential within the urban film segment. Aside from our annual festival, our film related activities include distribution, marketing, PR and events. Last year 6.500+ people from both the industry and the public attended DBUFF. The 7th Annual Da Bounce Urban Film Festival will take place in Theater Pathé Arena in Amsterdam, 4 to 7 March 2021.
The festival will be a Covid-proof event.
We look forward to see your submissions and welcome you to Da Bounce Urban Film Festival!
All official selected participants will receive a certificate of participation.
The winning film will receive a:
o special screening during DBUFF2020
o certificate of participation
o €1000 to be spent on a next project
o coaching session with a professional film
The Best Foreign Short Film will receive a:
The best Actor and Actress will receive a:
(Only Dutch submissions are able to win "Best Short")
Rules and Qualification
The special screening team of Da Bounce Urban Film Festival and professional judges will select projects which will be presented in the competition and for screening. Each official selection will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Only projects that meet the following criteria may be chosen as official selections:
1. The content must be submitted by a creator/producer aged 18 +.
2. Film made by and/or about people of African-European descent. filmmaker needn't be of African-European descent, however the leading actor/actress must be of African (European) descent.
3. Films that have been produced during the 36 months preceding Da Bounce Urban Film Festival;
4. Shorts films should not exceed 30 minutes in length, including credits.
4.a Feature films should not exceed 120 minutes in length, including credits.
5. Throughout the duration of the Festival, none of the films selected may be shown outside the Festival’s official theaters before its official screening.
6. Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival program.
7. All non-Dutch speaking films must be presented in their original version with Dutch or English subtitles.
All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
8. The Board of Directors selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
9. The jury is obliged to award the: The Best Short, Actor and Actress
10. Films to be submitted for the official selection must be entered by midnight on November 8th, 2020. An entry form must be completed for all submissions..
11. If your film is selected, a Notice of Official Selection shall be emailed on or before February 1st, 2021. to the email address provided by the submitter in their entry form
12. On being selected you must supply to us your work in film, Blue-Ray or DCP of the film on disc, or external hard drive by Februari 10th, 2020.
13. Any supporting marketing and PR material available for the projects selected must be supplied by the Februari 8th, 2020.
14. Da Bounce Urban Film Festival office can provide you with further details if your project is selected.
15. If your project is selected for exhibit at the Festival, it is the requirement of the Festival that you put forth all effort to attend the festival, at your own travel/lodging expense to promote and support your film, and collect your award.
16. Da Bounce Urban Film Festival office has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
17. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online entry form (you/your company) agree to the Festival’s terms and rules
-submitted works must be accompanied by the entry form