This is DRONEFEST…The First Drone Film and Photography Festival to be held in the UK.
DRONEFEST is an international film and photography competition culminating in a one-night festival dedicated to everything drones. Drones have opened up a whole new world of cinematography and DRONEFEST has been created to celebrate exactly that. Get involved as we bring together the greatest minds in the drone industry to showcase the best that aerial cinematography has to offer.
Have you got what it takes to capture the perfect drone snapshot? Got an amazing aerial film you think the world needs to see? Want amazing exposure for your aerial work?
We are searching for the best in drone filming and photography. Whether you’re an amateur or a professional cinematographer, new to drones or have been in it since the beginning, we want your entries.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Take a look at our entry categories and get flying!
• All entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway. Entries received in other formats will not be considered.
• ‘Short Feature Film’ entries can last for a maximum of 10 minutes and 50% of the entry must be filmed using a drone. All other filming entries can last for a maximum of 5 minutes and 100% of the entry must be filmed using a drone.
• Photography entries must be taken using a drone.
• Submitting an entry to the festival is free of charge.
• There is no limit on the number of films/photographs you can enter into the competition. However each film/photograph can only be entered into one category. You can submit multiple entries into the same category.
• All entries will be evaluated by a panel of expert judges. Judges will determine shortlisted entries (which will be screened/displayed at DRONEFEST) and overall category winners. Judges have the authority to move an entry into a different category if they feel this is more suitable.
• There will be 10 winners in total: One for each category and one ‘Best in Festival’ winner.
• All entries must include the following information: Entry title, filmmaker/photographer name(s) and drone technology used to produce the entry.
• All entries must be submitted by Sunday 13th December 2015.
Terms & Conditions
• By submitting an entry to DRONEFEST the entrant acknowledges that their entry is authorized for festival presentation and accepts full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein.
• By submitting an entry to DRONEFEST the entrant acknowledges that they have obtained consent from any individuals or organisations, such as writers or producers, whose consent is required to enter the film into the festival.
• In the event that an entry contains the work of other organisations or individuals, such as any visual or audio elements, it is the sole responsibility of the entrant to obtain the necessary permissions from the copyright holder. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to obtain the necessary permissions for any trademarked content included within the submitted entry.
• Submitting an entry to DRONEFEST constitutes permission to exhibit the entrant’s work at the festival in January 2016.
• Entries must be filmed in accordance with the drone regulations in place in the country of filming.
• DRONEFEST reserves the right to use submitted photographs or film excerpts for festival promotion purposes.
• DRONEFEST does not pay rental fees for entered work. Any costs incurred by entrants in attending the festival are to be covered by the entrant themselves.
• The organisers reserve the right to remove a category from the festival if it does not receive sufficient entries by the closing date of 13th December 2015.