We are the nation's largest celebration of animation and digital art. A festival known for its inspiring programme of workshops, artists talks, lectures, film screenings and art exhibits offered at no cost. We are recognised for our impressive Competition of International Animated Short Films and for the newly released Living Market, a space to foster a culture of business creativity within an industry that lives off new ideas. We are a unique and amazing experience that every year brings together some of the most influential artists and thousands of minds hungry for knowledge, art, creativity and innovation.
1. There is no entry fee required.
2. The following competition categories have been established:
Narrative Animated Short Film
Experimental Animated Short Film
Animated Music Video
Animated Student Film
Animated Gif (see special rules below for this category)
Choose only one category for every short film submitted.
3. Entry forms deadline for ALL CATEGORIES is June 30th, 2018.
4. The Selection Committee will ONLY take into consideration those short films completed between January 2017 and June 2018.
5. Only works less than 30 minutes in length and created by any image-by-image animation technique are eligible for entry.
6. To submit films for consideration to the Film Selection Committee fill out the online entry form and upload the film.
Accepted formats for visual artwork: .mp4 files, Vimeo/YouTube links.
Accepted formats for gifs: web links (Tumblr, Giphy, personal website), dropbox links or any cloud storage link.
7. All producers and/or directors who own the rights to the film they are submitting are eligible for competition.
8. Each filmmaker or producer may submit as many films as desired. An entry form for each work must be submitted.
9. Works can include one or more animation techniques. Works can be performed with any animation technique.
10. In case the film results selected and the content dialogue is not in Spanish, it will have to be subtitled in English, at least.
11. DVD copies received will not be returned, as they will conform the Festival’s filmoteque.
12. Files that do not meet the minimum requirements for screening will not be accepted.
13. Shipping costs originated by the transport of the screening files will be cover by the participants.
14. If selected, participants will be notified via email in order to continue in the competition.
15. Each selected work must be sent to the Festival office (physical or online) in digital format High Resolution.
VIDEO: High Profile H.264, 1920 x 1080, 16:9.
AUDIO: 16-bit, Stereo, 48000 Hz.
16. The festival organisation will decide the screening dates and times of the films.
17. The festival will provide a maximum of 3 accreditations for each short film in competition. In no case will the festival cover travel expenses.
18. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
19. The Festival’s organising committee, in accordance with international regulations, will decide any matter arising during the Festival, which is not covered by these Regulations.
20. The Festival Selection Committee will select films for the Official Competition. An international jury formed by animation professionals will award the different competition categories.
The decisions of the juries are final.
21. The juries will award the following prizes:
Best International Narrative Short Film
Best National Narrative Short Film
Best Experimental Short Film
Best Music Video
Best National Student Film
Best International Student Film
Jury Awards, Special Mentions and Special Awards by our sponsors will also be granted.
22. CutOut Fest would like to obtain a license to include the award-winning films in a non- for-profit compilation entitled “CutOut Fest 2018 Awards”. A contract for transfer of copyright will be sent to the producers of the films to be used.
23. All works in the Official Selection will receive a CutOut Fest 2018 participation diploma.
GIF CATEGORY | RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Gifs must be hosted on any digital platform like Giphy, Tumblr, Flickr, personal website, etc.
2. Gifs must be animated on a minimum of 50%.
3. Creators may submit as many gifs as desired. An entry form for each work must be submitted.
4. Selected Gif creators will be invited to attend CutOut Fest to fight a live Gif Battle. In no case will CutOut Fest will cover travel expenses.
5. Selected participants will have the opportunity to fight 2 rounds: first amongst themselves and then against the audience.
6. A Jury formed by renown gif artists and animators will decide the winners and will award the following prizes:
Gif Grand Master
7. CutOut Fest shall have the non-exclusive right to use the submitted material on any of their platforms using any existing media or media not-yet identified for any purpose they consider appropriate for a period of 3 years.
8. Participation in the competition implies acceptance of these Regulations.