"They say 8% of folks have a fear of clowns and the other 92% are lying!"

A sixty-second nightmarish ride focusing on two phobias - clowns and dolls. A solo project shot, edited, and acted in by Nate Carroll for Vancouver Film School's 'Intro to Cinematography' final assignment taught by DoP Thomas Burstyn (Netflix Cowboy BeBop, TNT Snowpiercer, AMC Hell on Wheels).

- Genre: Horror
- Runtime: 60 seconds

“Scared the life out of me, I hate clowns.”

"(A) good twist that we did not see coming."

"An immensely gifted filmmaker to be able to transform the usually boring one room setup into something electric!"

"The sound design was good with well-chosen effects and music."

Best Student Film - Afraid Online Film Awards, 2023

Award Winner - Under 60 Seconds, British International Amateur Film Festival Competition, 2022

2nd Place - Micro Film, The International Horror Hotel Film Fest, 2022

Bronze Award - Best Horror, International Fortean Film Festival, 2022

Bronze Award - 60 Second Extra-Short Challenge, International Fortean Film Festival, 2022

Finalist - Horror, Texas Short Film Festival, 2022

Semi-Finalist/Nomination - Best Thriller, AltFF Alternative Film Festival, 2021

Nomination - Best Horror, Great Lakes International Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection - Horror Micro Short, Zeal Reel Micro Short Film Competition™, 2023

Official Selection - Horror Micro Film (1-6 Minutes), Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection - Short Film, Best Horror Shorts Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection - Micro Shorts - Comedy or Horror, Die Laughing Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection - Micro Short, The Thing in the Basement Horror Fest, 2022

Official Selection - Best Horror, A Night Of Misfits Films, 2022

Official Selection - Narrative Super Short, Death's Parade Film Fest, 2022

Honorable Mention - Horror Mini Short 1-5 min, Things 2 Fear Film Fest, 2022

- Camera: Canon EOS 90D (ISO 800; 1/50 shutter speed, EOSHD picture profile)
- Lens: Samyang VSDLR 24mm (T1.5) EF lens
- Color Palette: Storaro Indigo-VS gel and Amber Gold
- Special Effects: 'Liquid Pain & Sorrow' make up, Latex prosthetic

  • Nate Carroll
    Power of Christ, Veg Out: A Horror Comedy, Wild Bill: In Search of Fool's Gold
  • Project Type:
    Short, Student
  • Runtime:
    1 minute
  • Completion Date:
    November 13, 2021
  • Country of Origin:
    United States
  • Country of Filming:
    United States
  • Language:
  • Shooting Format:
    Digital, Rec-709, 1080p
  • Aspect Ratio:
  • Film Color:
  • First-time Filmmaker:
  • Student Project:
    Yes - Vancouver Film School
Director Biography - Nate Carroll

Nate Carroll, founder of Nate Carroll Films, has had his films shown across over 50 international film festivals, local broadcast television stations, and distributed via Amazon Prime in US/UK and Germany regions. All of which sports a different genre ranging from claymation to sci-fi and horror-comedy.

Add Director Biography
Director Statement

This was a single-person, no crew film for a Vancouver Film School cinematography final assignment. I truly love boring room challenges and dressing up a 12'x3', beige hallway was a challenge! Besides shooting, acting, and editing... I also had some fun building a gross latex prosthetic. Thank you for letting me share this sixty second, creepy story with you!