The cultural association AlchemicartS and the Auditorium Caivano Arte/Gruppo Augusteo, with the participation of "Cooperativa TCC” and "Step One Productions", present the 10th International Short Film Festival entitled "CORTISONANTI 2019", the best short film festival for innovation and organization of film workshops in Napoli (Italy).
The projections, the awards and meetings will take place in Naples in November 2019. Due to the huge submissions during the previous editions, the organization considered it necessary to insert a registration fee to allow the improvement of the Festival and the workshops.
The place, meetings, workshops, competitions and special prizes will be announced during the year.
Awards & Prizes
The CortiSonanti Jury Prizes_
Grand Prize - $ 850
Best Director Prize - $ 250
Best Cinematography Prize - $ 250
Best Screenplay Prize - $ 250
Short Category winners -$100 (Per Category)
The CortiSonanti Jury Awards_
- Best Italian Short Movie
- Best International Short Movie
- Best Director
- Best Screenplay
- Best Actor in a leading role
- Best Actress in a leading role
- Best Cinematography
- Best Costume Design
- Best Production Design
- Best Original Soundtrack
- Best Animation Short
- Best Documentary Short Movie
- Best Music Video
- Best Sport Short
More amazing prizes will be announced then.
Rules & Terms
Call for Entries "CortiSonanti 2019"
The competition is divided into 6 sections:
- Italian Short Films
Italian Short Films - 20 minutes long or shorter. No theme required.
- International Short Films
International Short Films from all around the world - 20 minutes long or shorter. No theme required. English subtitles required.
- Music videos
International Music Videos from all around the world - 10 minutes long or shorter.
International Documentary Short Films from all around the world - 20 minutes long or shorter. No theme required. English subtitles required.
International Animation Short Films from all around the world - 15 minutes long or shorter. No theme required. English subtitles required.
International Sport Short Films from all around the world - 15 minutes long or shorter. English subtitles required.
Among the works sent, in accordance with the rules of registration, they will be selected by a special jury (five for each section). Titles selected, updates and notices will be made public on the internet site: http://www.cortisonanti.it
Many other news will be announced on our official social channels on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/festivalcortisonanti/) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/festival_cortisonanti/).
• Each author/working group may participate by proposing 1 or more video with duration no more than 15 minutes.
• Filmmakers may submit more than one short film, but each work must be accompanied by its own Entry Form and Entry Fee.
• Generally, CortiSonanti preferences newer films for inclusion. For the 2019 edition, we are ideally seeking films which are making their public premiere within calendar year 2018 or 2019, or, barring that, had their world premiere no earlier than September 2017. All short films can be unpublished or published but they must have been finished after January 2018.
The deadline for sending the works is April 1 to take advantage of the discounts through the Fimfreeway platform, the maximum deadline is July 31st.
• CortiSonanti strongly prefers Vimeo links over FilmFreeway’s video uploads.
• If you change your Vimeo link, or the password connected to it, make sure to email the updated information to email@example.com.
• CortiSonanti do NOT accept DVD as a submission format. All entries must be submitted by link via FilmFreeway.
• The Entry Fee is non-refundable.
• Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Due to the number of submissions received, CortiSonanti unfortunately cannot provide feedback on entries.
• For questions regarding submissions, see Festival Description or email email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By submitting this short film, I understand that I am agreeing to the following:
• I have the legal right to represent and to submit this Film to the CortiSonanti International Short Film Festival and to the best of my knowledge, all statements on this document are true;
• There is no action, suit, claim or proceeding pending, affecting or, to the best of my knowledge, threatened against this Film or its producers, cast, or crew in connection with this Film or otherwise;
• Music and any other third party material clearances and all copyright clearances are my sole responsibility and, if selected for the Festival, I agree that the Film will be fully cleared prior to the first screening at the Festival and no part of the Film will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party. None of the Festival will be held responsible for any legal disputes regarding the exhibition of the Film. Noncompliance may affect, delay, and/or disqualify my entry.
• If the Film is selected for screening at the Festival, I grant each of the Festival the right to screen the Film at the Festival;
• I understand and agree that the Film, if selected for the Festival, may be used for promotional purposes for the Festival, and/or its affiliates, partners and sponsors; and I grant each of the Festival, and its affiliates, partners and sponsors, the right to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the Film for such promotional purposes;
• Should the Film win any award, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing and/or owning the Film to receive all cash prizes and awards and to distribute them appropriately;
If the Short Film is selected to screen in the Festival, you will need to provide the following:
• Projection print or video by required deadline. Filmmaker is responsible for the delivery costs of the print shipment to the Festival, including any applicable customs fees. The Festival will return the print to the supplier or to the next domestic destination as indicated by the supplier at the Festival's conclusion. The Festival does not provide extra insurance for originals or masters.
• Press kits, trailers, promotional materials and additional screeners for preview;
• Screener links or DVD copies for the Festival press liaison (optional)
Please do not send these materials until your Film is selected for the program. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
Note: The Festival has the right to change any information contained in this document (including Festival dates, venues, events, awards and eligibility requirements) without further notice.