Compassion is more than recognizing the suffering of others. It starts with that recognition but becomes true compassion when one takes actions. Through these compassionate actions, no matter how small, we come together to alleviate suffering and help others find true happiness.
The Compassion Film Fest is accepting feature-length and short films celebrating compassionate actions and that will inspire our audience. We are looking for films highlighting acts of kindness, celebrating those taking action to alleviate suffering, or illustrating how even the smallest acts of kindness can inspire others. In the interest of welcoming our Latino community, we encourage Spanish language films (with English subtitles, please).
The Compassion Film Festival is the centerpiece of the Compassion Fest. In its second year, Compassion Fest is three days of films, workshops, speakers and more, celebrating compassionate actions being taken in the world, reminding us that the smallest acts of kindness matter, and inspiring the audience to take more compassionate actions in their own lives. The mission is to create ripples that spread throughout our communities and the world.
We were humbled by the positive response to our inaugural Fest and are looking forward to an amazing second year. We invite you to be a part of this wonderful event by sharing your films that meet the Festival criteria. What is the lens of compassion through your camera?
To find out more about Compassion Fest and see last years line up visit www.compassionfest.world.
Peoples Choice Awards for each short film collection (at least 2)
Best Story determined by Selection Committee.
The winners for each of the categories will receive a to-be-determined prize.
All accepted submissions will receive an all-access pass to the Compassion Fest/Compassion Film Festival.
The Compassion Film Festival will have at least 5 film screenings equaling over 6 hours of screen time in 2019. We thematically develop the screenings and provide an opportunity for festival attendees to vote for their personal favorite movie from the short-length film screenings. We will be providing special laurels and accolades for those films that win the People’s Choice Awards and Best Story.
- Acceptance of all regulations.
- A guarantee that a screening copy in the format specified will be made available for the dates of the event.
- Authorization to publicly exhibit the work at Compassion Film Festival 2019.
- And if accepted to be shown in additional locations for the Compassion Film Festival on Tour.
- Compassion Film Festival accepts experimental, narrative, documentary, and animated films.
- We are delighted to accept short (30 minutes or less) and feature-length films for 2019.
- We encourage Spanish language films (with English subtitles).
- Works must be in English or with English subtitles.
- Productions must have been completed after January 1, 2016.
- If screening copy is to be provided by a distributor or agent,entry must be submitted by that distributor/agent, along with any criteria or conditions.
- If accepted, final content needs to be submitted no later than June 15th, 2019.
- If a film is accepted, Compassion Film Festival is granted permission to utilize an excerpt from the film for promotional purposes.
- All films entered will also be considered for inclusion in possible touring programs. If your film is selected, we will contact you to arrange a separate licensing agreement.
STUDENT SUBMISSION FEES:
- Student entries must include a copy of current semester bill and copy of student ID by email.
PRE-SCREENERS TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- We prefer online screeners and entrees uploaded to the FilmFreeway website.
- Please provide passwords for online screeners.
- If you do not have a online screener, contact us to investigate possible accommodations.
FINALIST MASTERS TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Final content needs to be submitted no later than June 15th, 2019.
- Exhibition copy must be submitted on a USB 3.0, Thunderbolt external drive, OR as an online download.
- We will not accept streaming from internet sites.
- The file should start with the first frame of content and end in black.
- ProRes 422 files
- We prefer HD 1920 x 1080 container
- We prefer .mov or .mp4 files
- Format audio to 2 channel output: L/R or Stereo
- No slate, pops, bars or tones.
- We cannot accept: streaming from internet sites, DCP content, or 4k content (Please down res to 2k).
If your film is accepted we will be requesting:
- High-resolution promotional images (4 x 6 at 300dpi)
- Press Package with production credits and biographies
- HD trailer and HD clips
- Hard copy materials such as: postcards, posters, shirts, hats, cards, etc...
- Logline and synopsis
SUBMISSION FEE WAIVERS:
Normally, we cannot waive the submission fee due to the time and effort required of our review committee to screen all of the entries. However, if you do feel strongly that your film is a worthy candidate and you are unable to cover the submission fee, please contact us and we will send you a scholarship application. To apply for a scholarship please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering submitting to the Compassion Film Festival. Sending you much love and kindness!