Welcome to the Coal Coast Film Festival!
Coal Coast Film Festival supports talented filmmakers in their pursuits by showcasing their best artworks through a film festival designed to promote local, regional and international short films. The festival is run and managed by LundinStudio.
How it works: we currently accept Australian and International short films. Every two months we select Finalists in each category and showcase posters, information or trailers online via the festival website.
Finalist short films will be screened to a live audience on 14th March 2020 at a theatre to be advised or at our Film Studio in Helensburgh, NSW Australia. Award Winners in each category will be announced on the night.
If you are a selected as a Semi-Finalist you still have a chance to be a Wildcard for inclusion to the Live Screening, as in January 2020 we will choose a Wildcard Finalist in each category.
Unique to the Coal Coast of NSW, LundinStudio has a studio space for you to share your experience, collaborate with other filmmakers and celebrate your passion for the art of filmmaking.
The Coal Coast is one of the most picturesque coastlines in Australia between Sydney and Wollongong with unique landscapes, the Sea Cliff Bridge, an endless string of beautiful beaches and incredible views.
- Custom laurel in nominated category for your round
- StoryO, Chimpanzee Scheduling & Budgeting and Koala Call Sheets from Jungle Software (Valued at $289)
- Scriptation Industry Pro for 3 months (Valued at $372) - The script PDF annotation app for the entertainment industry. Mark up scripts, highlight lines, and transfer notes into new revisions.
- iPitch.TV for 3 months (Valued at $117) - iPitch.TV is a platform for creators of original pitches for TV, Film & Digital Media to connect directly with Hollywood Producers and Studio Executives and gives creators industry pro advice on how to pitch a television show or feature film.
Award Winner Prizes:
- Custom laurel in nominated category
- Gorilla Scheduling & Budgeting from Jungle Software (Valued at $429)
- Studio Plan for 6 months from StudioBinder.com (Valued at $594)
- Wipster Pro 12 months (Valued at $198)
- Scriptation Industry Pro upgraded to 12 months (Valued at $180)
- iPitch.TV for 12 months (Valued at $189)
We accept short films from any country of any genre, except pornographic.
The Film Festival is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older.
Films must be 25 minutes or less in duration including credits.
There are no restrictions on whether your film has been online or screened by other film festivals.
Best Short Film (International)
Best Short Film (Australia)
To be eligible for submission, your film must adhere to the following conditions:
1. Submit your film via FilmFreeway.com
2. Film duration is to be 25 minutes or less (including credits)
3. Your film is to be made within 24 months of the submission deadline
4. English subtitles are required if your film has dialogue or text in a language other than English
5. For the International category, your film is to be created, filmed and edited outside Australia
6. For the Australia category, your film is to be created, filmed and edited within Australia
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting, Coal Coast Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening (including but not limited to multiple screenings in multiple Australian and International locations), and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Coal Coast Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
The Selection Committee is composed of various directors, producers and filmmakers alike. This committee is responsible for the selection of the films throughout every submission category. Every film submitted that adheres to the conditions for submission is watched and judged by the committee. Applicants will be informed of the selection of their film by the date posted for each month. Notification will take place through the FilmFreeway website.
The inclusion of award prizes and the value of prizes is subject to change.
FESTIVAL AND FILMS PROMOTION
Right holders grant Coal Coast Film Festival, without compensation, the right to reproduce excerpts of the films (excerpts limited to 10% of the duration of the film and in any case shall not exceed 1.5 minutes), stills, posters, synopsis and/or any other texts related to their films for promotional purposes of the Festival, on any support and any media, press and the Internet included. The producers also hereby guarantee that they have the legal authority to grant such rights and have cleared all rights related to the films (including, but not limited, to the music).
Every two months, we hold online trailer screenings to showcase the short film finalists in each category. Finalists will have their short film shown in the Festival's Live Screening in March 2020. Overall winners, in each category, will be selected on the night. The Coal Coast Film Festival will require the highest resolution file of your film for the Live Screening.
The submission of your film certifies that you have the full ownership of the rights granted above on the submitted film according to our regulations; and acknowledges that Coal Coast Film Festival is not liable for any claims or expenses asked from any third party regarding any rights matter.
By submitting your film, you accept that Coal Coast Film Festival may also use the films for its educational, promotional and non-commercial activities. Films archived will never be shown or released by Coal Coast Film Festival in full online without direct consent of its owners. NOTE: After the live screening we will delete all films from our system.
Accidental submission, non-qualifying film, or any other circumstance which is not the fault of Coal Coast Film Festival will not be considered for refund. This is why it is extremely important to read the Conditions of Submission above carefully in order to assure you qualify before submitting your film.
CANCELLATION / TRANSFER OF FESTIVAL
The Coal Coast Film Festival reserves the right to cancel the event and / or competition, and / or to change the various venues of the event.
ACCEPTANCE OF ABOVE CONDITIONS
Submitting a film to the festival implies the full acceptance of the Terms and Conditions mentioned above.