This October Bank Holiday Weekend (21st-24th) we celebrate the 20th annual Clones Film Festival, up here in the hills of County Monaghan, Ireland.
A highlight of our festival weekend is our competition of short fiction, short documentary, and short animation. During the Sunday (24th October) morning/afternoon we screen all of the selected short films in the setting of the "Old Post Office" on the Town's central Diamond. After the judging, the winners of each category are announced at our closing event, to a full house, in Clones Courthouse.
The winner in each category will go home with a much sought after "Francie" Award. The Francie Awards are named after Clones Author, Patrick McCabe's, character, Francie Brady, from his much acclaimed novel, The Butcher Boy. The book was then adapted to a Neil Jordan screenplay and filmed in Clones in 1997.
All those selected for screening at Clones Film Festival will receive 2 free tickets for our closing awards ceremony where you could lift a Francie if you are picked as the overall winner by our judges.
A maximum length of 30 minutes for short submissions
To submit a short film for competition, please use FilmFreeway.
We will also require a few stills from your short film, together with your submission fee of €15 (or €10 if you're a student)
By submitting your short film, you agree to:
- Grant Clones Film Festival permission to publicly exhibit the entered film at Clones Film Festival and associated events.
- Grant Clones Film Festival permission to exhibit the entered film online should a global pandemic force Clones Film Festival online.
- Warrant that the film does not infringe any third party rights including but not limited to copyright.
- Warrant that you obtained required clearances for all musical compositions, recordings, and other copyright material that is included in the film.
- Warrant that you have obtained all necessary permissions and consents (including moral consents) from all contributors to the film.
- Warrant that you have the full right and authority to grant the rights listed above to Clones Film Festival.
- To indemnify Clones Film Festival against all actions, claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses that may be made or brought against Clones Film Festival as a result of any breach by the producer of its warranties above.
- To allow Clones Film Festival to use your short film in advertising the festival and any associated events, either on-screen or social media.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com